Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 202 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it not about time that we had a seperate adult room where people who enjoy a joke and a laugh can post without fear of offending and getting infractions (within reason of course).
AO is a big site with a huge amount of members and I (only my opinion) feel that there is a very large group of us that enjoy a laugh and joke that seems to offend the minority in here, would it not be a compromise to have a seperate lounge where we could post a little more freely without offending the minority ?. What do you guys and girls think ?? ;)

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
Not a bad idea Ray. Whatever happened to the Idiocy Lounge idea we mooted before?

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
On some other Fourms that I know, they have such lounges which you have to apply to a Mod to be allowed access to.

This seems ideal to me - more risque content in one place with a very low risk of anyone 'accidently' coming across something they might not like.

There is however the increased load on Mods keeping track of what is and is not acceptable in there and administering access permissions.

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
No! :mad:

Next we'll need a poltical/racial/religion/slating/adult-images lounge where everything goes! ;)

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
On some other Fourms that I know, they have such lounges which you have to apply to a Mod to be allowed access to.

This seems ideal to me - more risque content in one place with a very low risk of anyone 'accidently' coming across something they might not like.

There is however the increased load on Mods keeping track of what is and is not acceptable in there and administering access permissions.
Of course the downside of this would probably be a lot less WOT lounge posts! :lol:

·
Administrator
45,154 Posts
That'd be great. We could feel free to tell jokes at people's expense because they were black, or gay or muslim or anything, without caring about whether we were actually being funny, or just finding amusement in revelling in down-grading others and enjoying their misery.

Personally I think the level of moderation is pretty much spot on. I've seen places where it's a free for all, and they're unreadable.

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
You mean yes No 1 :rant::mad::rant:

Errr, what part of NO! don't you understand! :rant:

Terrible idea ;)

IMHO <----- if that makes it easier to hear! :D

:lol:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That'd be great. We could feel free to tell jokes at people's expense because they were black, or gay or muslim or anything, without caring about whether we were actually being funny, or just finding amusement in revelling in down-grading others and enjoying their misery.

Personally I think the level of moderation is pretty much spot on. I've seen places where it's a free for all, and they're unreadable.
I dont think any one mentioned a free for all, or blacks gays muslims etc etc, the point is some people dont like any adult humour, fair enough, but there are many who do and dont feel the need to faint at the word BUM :):D maybe a lounge where it says Adults only (no children or comically challenged allowed) would stop all the :tut::wow::(:cry::rolleyes: and leave us to :lol:.........;)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good idea :thumbs: :clap: , but how would the 'busy-bodies' be denied entry to protect their whiter than white souls? :lol:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good idea :thumbs: :clap: , but how would the 'busy-bodies' be denied entry to protect their whiter than white souls? :lol:
Mybe PIN activated so if you get a pin (you would ask the MODS or Admin to give you access) then you would accept that people posting in the room would be enjoying a laugh and any :tut::rant::cry::eek::rolleyes: would be met with :VSMILE::KILL::sick::lol::shoot:

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
I think Ray knows my feelings on this idea!

Thanks for the chat earlier on :thumbs:

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
I dont think any one mentioned a free for all, or blacks gays muslims etc etc, the point is some people dont like any adult humour, fair enough, but there are many who do and dont feel the need to faint at the word BUM :):D maybe a lounge where it says Adults only (no children or comically challenged allowed) would stop all the :tut::wow::(:cry::rolleyes: and leave us to :lol:.........;)
Yep. Spot on Ray.

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
I think Ray knows my feelings on this idea!

Thanks for the chat earlier on :thumbs:

So you'd be wanting a lounge for Adult Chat? :confused:

:evil:

1 - 20 of 202 Posts