Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rant:Twice today whilst walking my dog I had to get off the pavement to avoid being mown down by brain dead, inconsiderate, half-wits who insist on using pavement to avoid traffic queues.
Its not as though I live in a big metropolis where their lives would be in peril if they took to the road!!
If my dog was more of a leg chomper, I would tell him to have a go as they bike past. Arrogant soddin' toerags that they are! :mad:

·
Registered
37,142 Posts
Around here we have cycle paths next to the road, but the cyclists still use the road.

WTF is all that about :confused:

Are the cycle paths too safe for them or do they like causing traffic jams and making car drivers fume?

V

·
0 Posts
cyclists = tight fisted lycra wearing daily mail reading stuck up ar$e faces

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Great thread ... can't wait for it to get going ...

[bait mode]

... yeah cyclist, they should have to pay road tax and have insurance too :p, it should also be illegal for them to ride there bikes whenever I'm using the roads ...

[/bait mode]

·
Registered
764 Posts
DON'T get me started on cyclists. It really annoys me that millions are spent on cycle paths, many of which I have yet to see being used, while they manouvre between road and footpath depending which is the clearest route, or what colour the lights are. Few have lights on at night, and I can't remember, I honestly can't, the last time a cyclist looked over his shoulder before swinging out into the middle of the road because there's a parked car in front of him.

They should at least have to pay something towards the cycle paths they don't use, and should definately be insured. It makes me mad though that in these health-and-safety obsessed days, when motorists are attacked from all angles (police, traffic wardens. clampers, government taxes) that these nutters can more or less do anything they want for free and with little or nothing legislation-wise to prevent them.

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
As a relatively regualar cyclist, I am NOT going to be drawn into this argument, but I will agree that there is absolutely no need for them to use the pavement! Use the fricking cycle paths and roads for fecks sake!!!

·
Registered
42,278 Posts
Nine years past now her indoors bought me a Raleigh Max in bright yellow for my birthday. Used the roads for starters, but as I got clipped almost a few times I decided to use the paths, but I always stopped for pedestrians.;):

This path use idea got it's own back on me one time, as when I crossed over from a left side path to a right side one, I had to get the front wheel to mount the fairly high curbing.

Well I thought this would be a doddle, just do what the youngsters do, and snatch the handle bars up forcefully with both arms to clear the kerbing. Failed to get the timing right, and went into the kerb at a right angle to a full stop, with me going over the handlebars! :(: Couple of youngish commuters walking past from the station kindly stopped asking " You alright mate, have you hurt yourself?" "No I replied, just my pride!" :eek: So after that no more tricks, I get off now for any obstacles, when and if I go pedalling.:):

Think I may have mentioned this a few years past on AO iirc? :D

B

·
0 Posts
Around here we have cycle paths next to the road, but the cyclists still use the road.

WTF is all that about :confused:

Are the cycle paths too safe for them or do they like causing traffic jams and making car drivers fume?
Exactly!
past Filton runway ,Dual carriageway with a half mile filter lane that avoids going over the fly over section, strange build up of traffic ? 3 Bloody cyclists all with their sodding Lycra on in the middle lane causing bloody havoc. There is a cycle lane that has been there since 1956 that they decided not to use ,all had that stupid smug ******** expression as they headed for the flyover??!:confused:

Yet when a hint of rain the roads are clogged as these hypocrites take to the evil car !!Yes I luv em:mad:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts