Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car insurence is due for renewal so i thought i'd try the Adrian Flux link with the 15% discount for AO members. Well they quoted me TWICE the price what the AA are charging me at the moment!

Anyone have any recommendations for other companies?

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
this is true for all forum discounts, and discounts in general. on fiatforum the offer is 10% discount and they guarantee to beat any other quote you get, but they couldnt even get close to my best quote never mind match it, its all sales pitch lies and bollix.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Elephant are very competitive, they were £150 cheaper than any other quote I had. Found them very easy to deal with.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this is true for all forum discounts, and discounts in general. on fiatforum the offer is 10% discount and they guarantee to beat any other quote you get, but they couldnt even get close to my best quote never mind match it, its all sales pitch lies and bollix.
Think you may be right!

Elephant are very competitive, they were £150 cheaper than any other quote I had. Found them very easy to deal with.
Tried Elephant but they were £180 more than the AA and without the 'no claims bonus protector'. Think i'll just stick with the AA.....i was hoping that in my 'old age' (40) that i would only be paying £200 a year but i suppose those days are gone :(

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
I always find Chris Knott to be cheaper than Adrian Flux.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
My car insurence is due for renewal so i thought i'd try the Adrian Flux link with the 15% discount for AO members. Well they quoted me TWICE the price what the AA are charging me at the moment!

Esure just halved my Adrian Flux renewal price. To be fair to AF, they managed to come down to being a fiver less than esure, but their credit terms meant that I'd be paying more over the 12 months, so I'll be going to esure.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Adrian Flux bested every other quote I got, then I said I was a member of the club and got even more off :D

·
Registered
1,642 Posts

i went through marks and spencers insurance and found they were way cheaper than anyone else , i got quoted just over £300 fully comp for my 156 2.5 v6 24v , protected no claims with modified chrome alloys, albeit i do have full no claims and i am an old git now. This also included my partner on my insurance ( yeah , like she is ever gonna drive it ) , but some stupid reason the premium was less with her as a second driver .
I have no idea why this is , but its a good tip to try and reduce your premium by adding your partner as a second driver. They obviously havent seen my partner driving her 1.4 Fiesta let alone my Alfa.

·
Vendor
46,000 Posts
I couldn't find anyone that could beat my Adrian Flux renewal. I still asked for some money off and they knocked off another thirty quid. Get in! :D

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Baccus's experience sadly reflects my usual suspicions about these so-called "special" offers. :rolleyes:

If I'm not mistaken, there have been a couple of other moans about uncompetitive quotes to AO members.:confused:

If so, can I respectfully suggest Ian or Mods conduct a mystery shopper test and get a handful of varied "AO" quotes and check them against a couple of the big insurers for the same combo of (car/ages/location/owner type).

If they are miles out, please drop them from the site and let's not promote them and their spurious claims any more.

They don't deserve AO business if they treat us like idiots. :mad:

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
I agree with Jim, i've got my 147 2.0 ts for £400 through more than. Male, 25 & partner 5 year NC

·
Registered
145 Posts
I called Adrian Flux to get a quote for my Brera 2.4 that i am collecting tomorrow and i was quoted £400, the car is fitted with tracker and i have the maximum NCD and never had un accident, my exsisting insurance norwich union quoted me £275.00 so A Flux is not good for me and they even told me they would not be able to get even closer to that quote.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
I can beat that, i have an f reg sprint veloce and they cant even find it, only have the 33 on their system :lol:

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Actually saying that, they have found it and have halved the nearest quote i can find £135 fully comp. They seem to be the best i can find for classics

·
Registered
556 Posts
Adrian Flux were really good for me - mention mods to any regular insurance company and they run a mile even if its just a remap and a different exhaust - made no difference hardly with AF.

G

·
0 Posts
Actually my Elephant insurance is on a 10 month bonus so the Adrian Flux one is about the same

1 - 20 of 34 Posts