Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
The best insurance companies are the ones that payout swiftly without trying to wriggle out of paying with legal jargon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,404 Posts
Is there a list then of ones that payout swiftly??
If nobody knows, it's simply a case of using a well known company that's the cheapest...

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
See, with insurance it’s like putting a bet on at the bookies.
For them it’s all based on risk assessment.

As you know there’s numerous different insurance polices. Life, home, travel, car, etc.
Insurance companies will have claims made against them, so for every £1 they take they could payback 98 pence in the pound.
If they’re unlucky, way over 100% loss of profit.
So some are very reluctant to payout right away, or they like to declare your car a total loss over a little shunt to get rid of you.

It’s all based on experience which are the ones to avoid. Even the big names don’t like to payout.
Probably why some insurance companies avoid price comparison sites, and pay for advertisements instead to gather in the safer drivers, not just the ones looking to pay the least for their car insurance..

·
Registered
7,404 Posts
I must be one of the lucky ones I guess.
Many many years ago 'when I were a lad', I made a couple of claims and these were sorted no problem.
Never had any issues whatsoever using a household name at the cheapest price, but then I've never had to call on an insurance company for donkey's years. Long may it continue...

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have two GTV's and a knackered Citroen C4. All were insured with AF, both GTV renewals were due at the end of Jan, C4 not till August - so I thought a multicar deal would be sensible, asked AF and wasn't that impressed.

Got on to Admiral - I now have the V6 (including mods declared Q2, Alfaholics handling Kit) @ £137.83, the twin spark @ £100.63. When the Citroen gets added in Aug its another £54.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I have two GTV's and a knackered Citroen C4. All were insured with AF, both GTV renewals were due at the end of Jan, C4 not till August - so I thought a multicar deal would be sensible, asked AF and wasn't that impressed.

Got on to Admiral - I now have the V6 (including mods declared Q2, Alfaholics handling Kit) @ £137.83, the twin spark @ £100.63. When the Citroen gets added in Aug its another £54.
Admiral and all those charlatans under that roof are a bunch of cowboys. I hope you never need to make a claim or are involved in anything. That shower of s**t are good for nothing more than fulfilling the legal obligation to have insurance.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
See, with insurance it’s like putting a bet on at the bookies.
For them it’s all based on risk assessment.

As you know there’s numerous different insurance polices. Life, home, travel, car, etc.
Insurance companies will have claims made against them, so for every £1 they take they could payback 98 pence in the pound.
If they’re unlucky, way over 100% loss of profit.
So some are very reluctant to payout right away, or they like to declare your car a total loss over a little shunt to get rid of you.

It’s all based on experience which are the ones to avoid. Even the big names don’t like to payout.
Probably why some insurance companies avoid price comparison sites, and pay for advertisements instead to gather in the safer drivers, not just the ones looking to pay the least for their car insurance..

And carrying on with the gambling analogy I guess it's easy for the insurance companies to make a worthwhile bet if they know a car's "form", e.g. Micras are almost always going to be driven by pensioners or teens, mid-range Fords, Audis and BMWs by sales reps, etc. But a dark horse like an Alfa or a super-rare Pug is going to be difficult to take a flutter on because it has no form at all; will it be driven by drunken hoons who like playing chicken with trains, or will it be driven by someone who only takes it out on sunny weekends and spends the rest of the time polishing it?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Anyone thinking of Insuring with Flux should look at the Facebook page 'Share your experiences of Adrian Flux Insurance & Flux Direct' before signing up with them.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I use AF for my 105 classic because they were a lot cheaper than FJ but the renewal fro my 147 was very high so i did the usual go compare and then rang them, they couldn't get anywhere near Churchill ( and GC will pay the XS if you claim) so they lost my business, i wonder how much they will try and stiff me for the 105 this year

21 - 29 of 29 Posts