Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, need a little help on this one. My wiper V6s wiper motor linkage etc has been replaced and works lovely, however the blades now park about 2 inches(at tip) up the windscreen from before, they used to park just above the base of the windscreen. Is it possible to just undo the bolts and move the arms or is this going to be a pig of a job to do?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If you have those big square (non-Bosch) wiper arms, lift up the little plastic covers at the base of the arms and you'll expose the nut that holds the arm in place.

Undo the nut (it's a 10mm I think) and the arm will more or less lift off the pivot stud. You may have to pull it a bit to get it off.

Move it round to where you want it, puch it back onto the stud and then redo the nut. Take care not to strip it.

Pop down the little hinged cover and Robert's yer mother's brother.

Ralf S.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Andy

Be careful when refitting the arms. When fitted from new the spline cuts into the (softer) arm, if you realign it, the blade needs to sit in the next spline position or so. Don't try and force it to an inbetween position or you'll be all floppy :D

wrinx

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One wiper has weak springs (the all in one type) Would I be better off getting the conversion kit from AlfaOwner Shop, or trying to find similar size arms from another car?

Any idea what other arms are the right dimensions?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Volvo 440 arms fit. Think I fitted 21" blades to them. The overall reach is slightly shorter than the originals so are well clear of hitting the bonnet. I've had mine on for over a year. Cost £3 for the pair from a scrap yard plus £10 for a pair of blades.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts