Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a kit around?

Trying to change the camber of the rear wheels on my 06 Alfa GT.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
If you bought camber eccentric bolts you could fit them where the bolts are on the rear hub to strut. Then you could adjust camber that way.
The problem with adjustable length transverse arms is that the bushes tend to be rose joint solid metal spherical bearings. On the road they wouldn't last longer than a year!

·
Vendor
46,352 Posts
If you make the transverse arms longer, what does that do to the bush in the trailing arm?

Most of the aftermarket coilovers have camber adjust on the rear shock bodies, by way of slotting the upper mounting hole for the hub carrier to bolt to.

Reactions: will01

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just wanted to say the car is only for track application...

Pud i am not sure what does it do to rear trailing arm i am not mechanic by trade mate?
I just purchased XYZ coilovers base level and no camber adjustment .

those highpower racing arms is what i think im after...

with these eccentric bolts i need adjust to atleast 2 Degree

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
If you make the transverse arms longer, what does that do to the bush in the trailing arm?

Most of the aftermarket coilovers have camber adjust on the rear shock bodies, by way of slotting the upper mounting hole for the hub carrier to bolt to.

It's no problem, i have 35mm longer arms and all works ok, trailing arm bush has enough give . Ofcourse one could slot the holes for two bolts a little so that the centre pin in the bush would rotate a little with the trailing arm, on the mounting holes.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Regardless of the trailing arm bush, increasing rear camber by any meaningful amount by this method will probably require an extension or adjustment to the rear wheel arches, as Alan's car shows. Slotting the strut mounting holes as Pud mentions will keep the track width much the same, so won't be as involved.

Also, for a budget version I would look at cutting and extending the existing arms, probably about an hours work, and much cheaper than those off the shelf items.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Well arms are very simple to make, one option is to buy seamless tube 25mm diameter and 40mm tube (i think for the polyurethanet bushes) and weld them together.
But for normal road car camber bolts are the simplest option (and maybe 15mm spacers if you want wider stance)
In my opinion dont go over -1,5° camber because it will have too much grip at the back and induce more understeer.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Well arms are very simple to make, one option is to buy seamless tube 25mm diameter and 40mm tube (i think for the polyurethanet bushes) and weld them together.
But for normal road car camber bolts are the simplest option (and maybe 15mm spacers if you want wider stance)
In my opinion dont go over -1,5° camber because it will have too much grip at the back and induce more understeer.

havent been able to find camber bolts for the back as the off the shelf ones are all to short

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Agree with Alan. I made some for my other cars. Simples

1 - 12 of 12 Posts