Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I seem some custom made adjustable drop links on eBay for a reasonable price. I may need new ones for MOT in September anyway. But can anyone tell me what the benefits are of adjustable ones?? Is it pointless getting them or what? Any advice much appreciated. Cheers guys

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
It's a track set up thing AFAIK. You can bias the roll bar if your on an oval track etc. other than that I don't think there is a huge amount of point.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
as Joss said adjustable droplinks are really for fine tuning of antiroll bars mainly for track. However you can find that standard arb's twist and can cause a slight inbalance which an adjustable droplink may help sort out. If your car is lowered quite a bit adjustable droplinks may also come in handy to help improve the life of the bearings.

For me personally i have some DIY adjustable droplinks for the rear of my car and i will be modifying a set of Meyle HD droplinks for the front to become adjustable.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah I see. Doubt ill be needing that kind of setup fine tuning although at £60 for a pair I might just get them if I do need to replace mine

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
If they are rose jointed they will not last as long as normal ones

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
What will said. Rose jointed is for race spec cars and wear very quickly.

Reactions: will01

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ross jointed so scrap that!! Cheers for the info gents,saved me £60 there!

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Don't get me wrong. Rose jointed suspension components are the nuts and if I could afford it I'd just keep replacing :lol:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well my alfa does about 10-60 miles a week. These adjustable drop links are £60 a pair. I mean is it something based on my mileage ill be replacing every 4 months??

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Yes you'd be replacing fairly frequently. :)

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Once i get mine fitted i will let you know how long they last. I reckon my mileage per year is now at ~8000miles
From guys i have spoken to in the past they never got longer than 6 months with rose jointed droplinks before they wore out. I will be tuning mine as i go along and will try larger droplinks eventually to see if they improve life etc.
This is also another reason why i will be modifying a set of Meyle HD droplinks to see how these compare

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
update just had to remove and replace these as they failed pre-MOT for excessive movement
have now fitted Meyle HD droplinks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts