Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm trying to find a MiTo QV as a replacement for my 147, and it looks like about half the cars that are available in Denmark were delivered without steering wheel controls, is it possible to add them afterwards?

I would like to use them with something like a Parrot Asteroid Smart and a Connects2 adapter, so it's okay if they won't ever work with the factory headunit.

Looking at the wiring on the buttons, they terminate in two connectors, what do these connect to? I assume there's another part of the wiring loom between these connectors and the headunit (or even some canbus modul somewhere else)?

Does anyone here know if it's even possible to retrofit the buttons like this? (if it is then I can broaden my search a bit :wink_org:)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I am pretty sure the replacement button you've linked are for the blue&me module..mine are fitted with a standard? 6 button control without the blue&me module and using connects2 and a philips Headunit

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am pretty sure the replacement button you've linked are for the blue&me module..mine are fitted with a standard? 6 button control without the blue&me module and using connects2 and a philips Headunit
Yeah, it could be either version, I'd just like to have "hardware" volume control on an otherwise touchscreen only device.

The interesting thing is what happens between the connectors on the button wireloom and the blue&me / head unit / connects2...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts