Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have a Novitech suspension kit on my 146ti and the car is really low. So i went to the garage and added the Spacer to lift it up abit. After adding spacer i feel the handling of of the car is not what it used to be!

I feel the cars steering got too soft and going out of contol??? sad.gif

The size of my rims is 16 and am now using 205/45/16.

How about if i take the spacer out and add some bigger tires there for example 205/55/16 in there? Will this be better? Or changing the suspension kit all together? just looking for a cheaper way and don't want to waste that nice novitech suspension.

Need help from the experts here.

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,920 Posts
Hi mate, welcome to AO,

Where does this spacer actually fit it?

Does the novitect kit include dampers and springs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AlfaJack said:
Hi mate, welcome to AO,

Where does this spacer actually fit it?

Does the novitect kit include dampers and springs?
Hi AlfaJack Thanks.

Yes only the dampers are from novitech the springs are from Eibach. Well the garage actually took the damper out first fitted the spacer on top and then fitted the damper back on so it lifted the car abit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,063 Posts
By changing the height you may also have changed the alignment - did you recheck the wheel alignment after putting on the spacers?

Also fitting bigger tyres is not the answer as they will probably not fit under the suspension and will put your gearing and speedo out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pascs said:
By changing the height you may also have changed the alignment - did you recheck the wheel alignment after putting on the spacers?

Also fitting bigger tyres is not the answer as they will probably not fit under the suspension and will put your gearing and speedo out.
Hi Pascs thanks for the info. No i haven't rechecked the wheel alignment. By the way what does speedo mean?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,002 Posts
16VTi said:
Hi Pascs thanks for the info. No i haven't rechecked the wheel alignment. By the way what does speedo mean?
Speedo - speedometer. By fitting larger diameter wheels, your car will be going faster for a given speedometer reading.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top