Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anybody else has this issue. The day I bought my car I was driving on the freeway with cars stopping in front of me. I was going about 75 when my car was still speeding up. I brakes and the car wanted to keep accelerating. I fought it for about 15-20 seconds as the cruise would not turn off. I tried everything even taking the car out of dynamic to eco mode. It finally turned off...it would not slow down and I almost turned the car off on the freeway. Alfa says they have not had any complaints about this and had my car for 10 days. When I got my car back I took it for a drive with the head tech. We could not replicate the situation but we were driving in the middle lane about 80 when the cars in both outer lanes had slowed to about 25 the cars in front of me were slowing to about 30-35 but my car was not slowing down. I finally hit the break and the tech said that was scary it wasn’t going to stop but the break did turn off the cruise control so he said it worked lol...the tech said he was pretty scared it wasn’t going to stop. Then he tells me the adaptive cruise is suppose to slow down in that situation but then we exited to stopped cars at a light just off the freeway. My car was going to run into the back of the truck at the light so I used the break again as my car never slowed down. He then tells me it’s designed to not read stopped cars. That the adaptive cruise can only read cars that are moving? Has anybody heard of this before? Thanks for any information you might have.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Just curious if anybody else has this issue. The day I bought my car I was driving on the freeway with cars stopping in front of me. I was going about 75 when my car was still speeding up. I brakes and the car wanted to keep accelerating. I fought it for about 15-20 seconds as the cruise would not turn off. I tried everything even taking the car out of dynamic to eco mode. It finally turned off...it would not slow down and I almost turned the car off on the freeway. Alfa says they have not had any complaints about this and had my car for 10 days. When I got my car back I took it for a drive with the head tech. We could not replicate the situation but we were driving in the middle lane about 80 when the cars in both outer lanes had slowed to about 25 the cars in front of me were slowing to about 30-35 but my car was not slowing down. I finally hit the break and the tech said that was scary it wasn’t going to stop but the break did turn off the cruise control so he said it worked lol...the tech said he was pretty scared it wasn’t going to stop. Then he tells me the adaptive cruise is suppose to slow down in that situation but then we exited to stopped cars at a light just off the freeway. My car was going to run into the back of the truck at the light so I used the break again as my car never slowed down. He then tells me it’s designed to not read stopped cars. That the adaptive cruise can only read cars that are moving? Has anybody heard of this before? Thanks for any information you might have.
Wow! I can't wait for totally autonomous cars. :jester:

·
Registered
19 Posts
That's how adaptive cruise works with stopped traffic, I've seen it work the same way on Mercedes.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Forward collision warning?

·
Registered
34 Posts
From the Stelvio Owners Manual:-

"The ACC system:
Does not react to pedestrians, oncoming vehicles, and stationary objects (e.g., a stopped vehicle in a traffic jam or a disabled vehicle).
"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts