Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I just thought i would post a couple of pictures that I took of a v6 engined 145 at The Ace Cafe last monday.
I was working in London and staying at the Wembley Travelodge when we walked past The Ace, which was full of allsorts of motors, anyway along came a purple 145, which sounded :wow:.
So i went over to have a chat, only other thing to say is check out the injectors....6 of them, and the custom CDA - the guy who built it (as opposed to the owner) told me it was dyno'ed at over 280bhp

Attachments

·
Premium Member
45,020 Posts
Good to see it on the road and being used. Pretty sure it was built by Gary from Dandy Cars in Essex quite a number of years ago, with lots of AHM bits, independent throttlebodies?. Think he bought it back recently and got it back on the road again, was that him you saw there?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Wow, never seen it done before, seen some fiat turbo conversions but not a v6 !! Would love to see and hear it go :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to see it on the road and being used. Pretty sure it was built by Gary from Dandy Cars in Essex quite a number of years ago, with lots of AHM bits, independent throttlebodies?. Think he bought it back recently and got it back on the road again, was that him you saw there?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I didn't get either the guys name, the owner or the guy who built it, The back story I was told was that Clovertech built it way back when, the guy who had it built sold, it got a little run down and sorry for itself, he bought it back, then it got damaged when an M5 next to it got torched, then the current owner bought it (its his eighth 145 and buying this stalled his 20v fiat turbo engined project) and Clovertech have been fiddling with it for him.

Oh and BTW Dan, have you just helped my cousins husband Mark buy a red GTA? _ He said Dan at AL was very helpful and informative:thumbs:

Wow, never seen it done before, seen some fiat turbo conversions but not a v6 !! Would love to see and hear it go :thumbup:
As above this guy is also building a Fiat engined one too

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I saw it too & thought it looked great, looks like a lot of work has gone into it :)
What were you driving?
I walked there :lol:
It looked like a lively night, I left around 10-15 cos I'd gotta work next day.
Did you see that guy nearly fall off the front of his bike:eek:

·
Premium Member
45,020 Posts
Hmm now that I can see the pics clearer this might not be Gary's one afterall. Pretty sure it looked quite different the last time I saw photos.

Didn't realise Mark is your cousin's husband - what a small world :)

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
What were you driving?
I walked there :lol:
It looked like a lively night, I left around 10-15 cos I'd gotta work next day.
Did you see that guy nearly fall off the front of his bike:eek:
Mine was the blue MiTo QV in the back corner with a couple of V6 GTV's, a silver 156 GTA & 2 black 147 GTA's :) you wouldn't have missed rick's with the massive brakes & Brera S wheels :lol:

I didn't see that :eek:

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine was the blue MiTo QV in the back corner with a couple of V6 GTV's, a silver 156 GTA & 2 black 147 GTA's :) you wouldn't have missed rick's with the massive brakes & Brera S wheels :lol:

I didn't see that :eek:
I totally missed all those Alfas lol

·
Registered
57 Posts
That is mine. And it was a notmally 2.0 l alfa turbo conversion i have put on hold and it used to be garys and yes alot of money has been pumped into it however we r both in trade i did the asthetics of the car and the mechanicals done by the chap who did the talking.... I just ledt the ar fpr people to enjoy if thwy did having a look at. And hopefully hearing when it went in and out.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is mine. And it was a notmally 2.0 l alfa turbo conversion i have put on hold and it used to be garys and yes alot of money has been pumped into it however we r both in trade i did the asthetics of the car and the mechanicals done by the chap who did the talking.... I just ledt the ar fpr people to enjoy if thwy did having a look at. And hopefully hearing when it went in and out.
What was that guys name? rude of me not to ask really, he was well into Italian cars.

Oh and your name, I didn't get that either lol
Your car sounded mint going in, I left before you, put I guess you put a nice show on:lol:

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh and post some better pics up for us all to look at :thumbs:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Tyrel he is nuts on tuning and im pauly.
How do u upload pics.
Thanks it was overfueling a little but next couple weeks its having a full mapping session done!
And i thought best to leave the car for people to just look at to either like or not because to me its the best and ultimate 145 and took yrs of bugging gary to sell to me

·
Premium Member
45,020 Posts
How do u upload pics.
Thanks it was overfueling a little but next couple weeks its having a full mapping session done!
And i thought best to leave the car for people to just look at to either like or not because to me its the best and ultimate 145 and took yrs of bugging gary to sell to me
Does it still have the AHM individual throttlebodies?

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How do u upload pics.
I'm crap at things like this but basically post, then go advanced - manage attachments then choose files and upload- your motor is well worth sharing on here

·
Registered
565 Posts
You poor man, you had to suffer the ****ehole that is "Travelodge Wembley"...........

G

·
0 Posts
I'm sure I saw that for sale years ago on auto trader for about £1500 but it didn't look anywhere near as smart as that. I think it just had 2 front race seats and harness .
It's a real beauty :inlove:
Wouldn't fancy doing a cambelt change on it though :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts