Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just being a bit anal here but what official accessories do people have in their G? In my other car there are specific pockets dedicated for accessories such as a warning triangle and first aid kit, are their specific places for such items in the G?

·
Registered
39,613 Posts
There's a thread on this subject from a while back . You can do a search , but I've got illuminated treadplates , carbon gear knob , alloy fuel cap , boot organiser system and the 18" Titan chrome wheels. And the Alfa mats of course. There are nets which you fit in the boot too to locate warning triangle but I find Velcro sticks to the carpet pretty well.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Mats and 18" Titan chrome alloys (which I'm transferring onto my sportiva nav!).

I looked at the nets but the price is crazy! 40 odd quid for the smallest boot net!!!

·
Registered
39,613 Posts
No. It's Mdf with extruded aluminium rails etc. I've got the additional kit called an organiser band too.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did a search and there's plenty to read up on cheers. I have the carbon gear knob, fitted mats, ultra xenon look h7,s, led interior/number plate lighting. My wish list is fitted rear window blinds, boot liner and want to do some research on storage nets to see if I can find similar unofficial products on fleabay. Really like those illuminated kick plates cue2 but as mine already has standard chrome I think ill leave them. Shame the accessories are so over priced as there's a shed load of stuff id of purchased

·
Registered
39,613 Posts
The carbon mirror caps at over£300 do cause a tiny bit more wind noise and weigh no less than the std ones but look nice !

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
I've got light aluminium dash panel, aluminium fuel cap, aluminium oil filler cap, aluminium pedals, interior mats, boot liner, tomtom live2. Which is the best? well opening the fuel flap and seeing the filler cap is nice feeling, the boot liner has saved my boot carpet too many times and the TomTom is just really good.

I also bought a new gearstick boot as the original one seemed to be a bit short on Velcro and kept on gaping open. Still aiming to change the wheels....

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lol I've just realised the fuel filler you all talk about must be the internal cap and not the HALFORDS style stick on external jobby?! I did think to myself a little on that one!

·
Registered
26 Posts
The carbon mirror caps at over£300 do cause a tiny bit more wind noise and weigh no less than the std ones but look nice !
Wanting an 'individual' touch I almost ordered the carbon mirrors, carbon spoiler & the carbon gear knob for my white g.
Then at the last moment I changed my mind & just ordered the carbon mirrors & the opaque black gear knob instead.

The sales lady understood my change of heart...
She told me they had fitted carbon bits they still had lying around to a second hand Giulietta that was up for sale at no extra charge. Just to be more appealing.

Makes it somewhat obvious the accessories are not a huge success.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Has anyone got the transmission tunnel net? I've seen them on 159's and they look pretty useful. Do you need to make a hole in the trim to fit it?

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
Has anyone got the transmission tunnel net? I've seen them on 159's and they look pretty useful. Do you need to make a hole in the trim to fit it?
I know its not the same but you did for the boot net.

·
Registered
39,613 Posts
Careful with the valve caps though. I was saved the problem , when somebody nicked my £25 official metal caps , but they can corrode onto the valves . I went back to plastic.the Alloy fuel cap has a nice sense of occasion .

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
Careful with the valve caps though. I was saved the problem , when somebody nicked my £25 official metal caps , but they can corrode onto the valves . I went back to plastic.the Alloy fuel cap has a nice sense of occasion .
Every time you pull in for fuel you start thinking that this is going to be expensive or how much will it be this time, you get out open the fuel filler flap and see the aluminium cap and think 'yes, this is special' and for me I end up selecting V-power instead of fuel save! I think mine should have been sponsored by shell!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Anyone notice much difference with v power?? The wife drives the GQV more than me do ain't noticed any difference yet? The dealer I bought it from reccomended I stick it in

·
Registered
207 Posts
Mats, boot liner, valves caps, oil and fuel caps, Carbon gear knob, carbon dash, carbon grill, rear spoiler, mirror covers, side skirts.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts