Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a giulietta 1.6jtdm2 105cv 2014, and since the 12000km I have the speed hand accelerated at 900 rpm, will it be normal?

·
Registered
85 Posts
It will idle higher when cold, your engine coolant temp suggests this is from a cold start.

What does it do after 2-3 mins, should settle to 750-800 rpm on warm idle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whether cold or hot, is always accelerated.
even after walking 50 km is accelerated.
even after doing a regeneration continues in the same accelerated

·
Registered
85 Posts
Does the engine sound like it is holding high revs on normal use, does it fluctuate when fully warmed up?

There are many causes to high or hanging revs although it could be normal if the engine doesnt sound like it is hanging...?

Also, is this with Air con on? Does it decrease when Air con switched off, assuming as your in Portugal its with Air con on...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yes - but have you had the PCM/ECU read for faults, that would be the first place to start, not all logged faults will produce an EML on the dash

Without this as a base, theres plenty that could cause high idle and lower fuel consumption

- Clogged EGR
- DPF needs a full regeneration
- Injectors

etc etc, would pay to get this and any live data read first then if required pop back for some help.

I dont have the jtdm so not sure if 900 rpm is normal, i would say not as thats higher than the petrol and if you believe there are running issues such as high fuel usage then there probably is an issue somewhere

Stop Start can be temperamental on Giulietta anyway, but as a potential guess here if your SS is not functional, this could mean the battery is not at a state of charge to enable this, which could suggest you do a lot of short journeys, which could suggest the DPF needs a full regen and/or EGR is clogged from short journeys

But like i said, this is speculation without any codes/live data to work from

In the mean time and things that dont require equipment, try to have a look inside your EGR and check its state, check the air filter isn't clogged and make sure oil levels are all ok, ensure all hoses look ok and theres no obvious leaks from anywhere

Hope that helps

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, the engine temperature reaches 90.
The oil and water levels are correct.
In the Portuguese community, there is a problem similar to mine. It was solved with the clutch pedal sensor.

""Good afternoon

I have noticed a strange behavior from the revolutions of the GIU to the relatim.
It turns out that now they are always a little below 1000, as if in the process of regenerating the particle filter.

What annoys me is that now I never know whether or not to do the regeneration, only if before stopping the car has noticed the consumptions.

This started happening before the last oil change that was made in the mark. When it leaves the car was like that, shortly after it became normal and now it has this symptom again and not stop.""

""This problem has been solved by replacing the sensor on the clutch pedal.

Responsible for the stop start that also did not work for some time and thought it was battery.

Now everything is working properly and I can already see if the car is doing the regenerations or not when I go to stop the car.""

·
Registered
874 Posts
On my petrol the rev goes from 800rpm to 1100rpm when I release the clutch a bit.
Is it that much lower on a diesel?

I would say that if there is no change in revs when you release the cutch, then you have a faulty sensor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I jumped a little quick here just to give an "outburst"

I left the car in the garage this morning to solve the anomaly of the acceleration rpm and now the start and stop, and do the check up campaign.

After the check up, the start and stop problem was on the battery, I twisted my nose, and said I did not use it, to leave the side and solve the oscillation of the pointer, they informed me that to do the complete diagnosis it was necessary battery new, and that probably the problem of pointer oscillation was battery life.

conclusion, put new battery, and the two anomalies disappeared: -?

What do you think? Did it go on battery?

I did not feel anything to indicate that the battery was weak, the car got good in the morning, and I was always careful about using xenon, etc. with the car off.

In the car lighter, with the car turned off, it was 11.5 to 12v and connected 14v up

·
Registered
2 Posts
I jumped a little quick here just to give an "outburst"

I left the car in the garage this morning to solve the anomaly of the acceleration rpm and now the start and stop, and do the check up campaign.

After the check up, the start and stop problem was on the battery, I twisted my nose, and said I did not use it, to leave the side and solve the oscillation of the pointer, they informed me that to do the complete diagnosis it was necessary battery new, and that probably the problem of pointer oscillation was battery life.

conclusion, put new battery, and the two anomalies disappeared: -?

What do you think? Did it go on battery?

I did not feel anything to indicate that the battery was weak, the car got good in the morning, and I was always careful about using xenon, etc. with the car off.

In the car lighter, with the car turned off, it was 11.5 to 12v and connected 14v up
Hey @jcamachoo! Did you solve the problem? Is it battery?

I have same problem with my car...

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
You may be waiting awhile for jcamachoo to reply. His last activity, according to the members stats, was 14/07/2018 presumably when he made is last post in this thread.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts