Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just purchase a new pair of tyres, in 235 40 R19 there is normally only two choices, pirelli’s or continental’s. EP tyres has launched the Acceira sport tyre retailing at around £95 per corner. Have any Ti owners tried these tyres????????

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I have them on my Brera - only done about 300 miles on them, but so far they are good in both wet and dry conditions.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Do they have the correct load rating?

I need to decide to keep/return/replace soon and a grand for a set of tyres is a major consideration, I dont throw the car around soe dont need premium rubber, I'd be better off with more tread on a cheaper tyre rather than wringing the last micron out the P Zero!

·
Registered
977 Posts
etyres offer 'budget brand' 235/40 19 for £114 Y rated and reinforced (96? but worth checking). I bought the Conti but can vouch for the service as the guy turned up the next day after phoning to agree the time and fitted the tyres with no problem at my place of work.
Search Results 235/40 19

·
Registered
538 Posts
Isn't that Accelera?

I'm using them on my ti. They are great and less than half the price. Worth every penny!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Isn't that Accelera?

I'm using them on my ti. They are great and less than half the price. Worth every penny!
Interesting.

I'm just about to buy 2 replacements and I'm tempted to try them myself as Contis are outrageously expensive. I'm tempted to go up 10mm to 245s for more choice but it would mean changing all 4 and I don't need to.

The tread pattern on the Acceleras also looks very similar to Contis as well.

How are they wearing?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well im pretty impressed, I've done 700 mile in the last couple of days; the grip in the wet is very good, they are only fitted on the back so far. I do 50000 miles a year thats 6 on the front and 4 on the back, £2100 a year based on Pirelli's, £1100 a year for Accelera. Even if they wear 25% more you are still quids in!

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Interesting.

I'm just about to buy 2 replacements and I'm tempted to try them myself as Contis are outrageously expensive. I'm tempted to go up 10mm to 245s for more choice but it would mean changing all 4 and I don't need to.
Am only repeating what I've heard, but if you have the wrong tyres on your wheels and have an accident the insurance companies use it as an easy way of avoiding paying out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The tyres are 235 40 R19 96Y XL, same as the pirelli's. These tyres are being fitted by Alfa main dealers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Interesting.

How are they wearing?
If you want to increase to 245 then you will have to go for 245 35 R19 to keep the speedo in check. Uczmeg is correct your insurance company could pull out of a claim.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Interesting.

How are they wearing?
As good if not better than the Pirrellis. I haven't had them on there long enough yet to say for sure but my Pirrellis were getting 4k on the fronts so its safe to say that its a good financial decision. They do seem quieter and also the side walls look stronger but I know very little about tyres lol

I wouldn't dream of putting any of the £200 plus back on the car.

·
Registered
30,252 Posts
If you want to increase to 245 then you will have to go for 245 35 R19 to keep the speedo in check.
245/35R19 are 17mm smaller in diameter than 235/40R19.....
The load index will also be too low.

·
Registered
182 Posts
If you want to increase to 245 then you will have to go for 245 35 R19 to keep the speedo in check. Uczmeg is correct your insurance company could pull out of a claim.
My speedo agrees almost bang on with my sat-nav (touch under). I have 245/40 R19 GY Eagle F1s.

·
Registered
686 Posts
No way am I going down to 35 profile; it will affect the ride quality. I'd rather stick with 40 profile and accept they will be slightly taller if I went up to 245s.

This is only a thought as my preferred option is to stick with the correct size.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm due to replace my tyres soon (Dunlop 245-40-19) but would be interested in a set of the EP's as they are quite a bit cheaper than the dunlops - where did you get them from? I'm based in Essex, but happy to travel if necessary

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Try the local Mr Tyre depot, they have them as a stock item.
You have to search around, not all suppliers have them, but some are willing to order.
I've had 2 18" on the front of my 159 and they are perfectly fine so far. Seem to grip well in the wet.
Unlike several other budget tyres I have seen before the tread looks normal! Very simliar to a Conti style tread.
Just my thoughts.

1 - 20 of 164 Posts