Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 33 1988 carb model.

About 10 months ago I had a new AC piece fitted. NOS equipment I believe.

Now which vents on the dash are they normally connected to? I've only got 2 vents connected. My girlfriend complained it wasn't enough cold air.:(

In our 35 degree weather it was running out of steam a little:(

I suppose there is no way of supercharging the AC!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Dont worry , 33 had a weak A/C so don't expect anything better.Be happy that yours is working.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont worry , 33 had a weak A/C so don't expect anything better.Be happy that yours is working.

That's a shame. Wish I had known before I made the deal with him.
Was part of the car purchase deal. He had a brand new original boxed AC unit for the 33. Un touched:)

10,000 USD with the AC fitted after purchase. (don't have a heart attack, these are the market prices of Uruguay). In fact he spent a fortune on new embroided leather, new parts for the rebuild etc etc.

check the prices out!!!

Autos, Motos y Otros en MercadoLibre Uruguay - Donde comprar y vender de todo.

Could have negotiated a cheaper price without the weak AC.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
get it checked to see if it actaully has the right amount of refrigerant gas in it
Just to add the air that comes out is freezing when you put your hand close to the vent.
Maybe just 2 vents is not enough BPU for the whole car in very hot conditions.

With the sun here (with a hole in the ozone I might add) on the glass the car gets damn hot.

·
Registered
725 Posts
The tired looking white Sud on the site has 1.1 million Km on the clock. This must be some sort of record! I see what you mean about the prices - now how much would it cost to ship some old bangers to Uruguay, I wonder!

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
now how much would it cost to ship some old bangers to Uruguay, I wonder!
Thought about this and investigated!

1st problem: You need to pay 97% import tax on the car. The 97% tax is based on the value of the car.

2nd problem: Value of the car is estimated by Uruguayan customs based on what price it would fetch here in Uruguay. Not based on the price you paid.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
The best thing you can do is have UV filters on the glasses (windows and windscreen ) of the car , tinted or not. The difference is huge less heat for you and your AC to deal with.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The best thing you can do is have UV filters on the glasses (windows and windscreen ) of the car , tinted or not. The difference is huge less heat for you and your AC to deal with.
This is something I've been trying to get done.
Problem is female and she doesn't like them.:rolleyes:
Have to work on this.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Transparent UV filter , especially on wind screen. Great difference , no more hot steering wheel. It has the almost the same effects as tinted.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GREAT - Lumar has an office here in Uruguay. I'm amazed.

Will get a quote from them.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Lumars are very good. Most off us here in Greece are installing Lumar's products and they do not have any problems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts