Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

i would like to get opinion on the brands

1. Koni
2. SACHs
3. BERU

compare it with durability.. (how long it last), ride quality (how good/stiffness)

currently my 155 on monroes sensatrac.. which i think a no good pair.. gives me the soft rides...thinking for a new sets... that give a firmer ride ...

W

·
0 Posts
Well..for a start if you want a firmer ride then you need to change the springs of your car.

Koni's are supposed to be good.

wrinx

B

·
0 Posts
As Wrinx says for a firmer ride you need to change the springs.
The shock absorbers only control the damping and rebound.

Standard shocks are Sach/Boge.

How about changing springs before the shocks to see whether there is an improvement??

Unless the shocks are leaking.

S

·
0 Posts
i have in the last 2 months fitted the g&m package from ao shop fitted great and is a nice inprovment over standard and at a very good price.i was getting a wheel chatter problem on bumpy right hand bends but it has gone now :D it may have been the fact that the left rear shock was siezed solid after an inch and a half of travel!!!! it now corners nice and flat with fast steering.i would have gone for the konis but couldn't justify the cost :mad: or was it the wife said no :cheese:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
already got eibach fitted... but the absorber is the cause of the soft spongy ride....

·
Registered
69 Posts
nahar said:
hi,

i would like to get opinion on the brands

1. Koni
2. SACHs
3. BERU

compare it with durability.. (how long it last), ride quality (how good/stiffness)

currently my 155 on monroes sensatrac.. which i think a no good pair.. gives me the soft rides...thinking for a new sets... that give a firmer ride ...
nahar,
a lot of fellow alfistis in KL are currently going into the TITAN setup (coil-over) which is fully adjustable and serviceable. price is about RM3k-RM3.5k (about GBP500) for the whole works.
people who are using it says it's one the best, even better than koni/eibach combination. amazingly, the ride comfort is absolutely way better than the koni/eibach outfit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts