·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car is 147 jtdm 2007
So, Ive had a nightmare for the past few weeks trying to sort my abs

Multiecuscan shows c1250

Abs/ebd/asr failure on dash board

After talking to Fiat/Alfa technician, I have changed the rear abs sensor, as it was WILDY out of sync

no change

I have also changed rear speed sensor / HUB assembly

NO CHANGE

the wheel speed on the rear left is still way out

clicked "adjustments" on ecuscan, and it states the abs has to be calibrated if the sensor, or the abs control unit is replaced

So, is it THIS that is causing it to still read wrong?

I cant do it with free ECU software-

Any ideas peeps

ALSO

There is a crunching/grinding noise which seems to be coming from front right when braking, but disappears when the "asr/ebd/abs" fault appears

Im so annoyed at this stage
PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had a 164 with similar issues - it was the lead to the wheel sensor - where it went up and over the rear suspension it had developed a split. One replacement lead later, all was well. I know the 156 era cars will have a completely different setup. but look at your leads. If the RF is making a noise it could be that the problem is there, or that the computer is trying to brake the RF to compensate for an error in something else, so probably worth spending some time tracing the wires and testing for continuity. No idea about resetting the abs ecu though.

M

·
0 Posts
Yeah I guess the noise is a vdc reaction to one wheel showing a different speed and once it flags error it turns vdc off.

I'd look at wires as well. Can't see calibration being so far out as it's only sending a pulse for each tooth and surely number of teeth hasn't changed :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
I had this on my gt it was down the the abs ring corroding and some teeth coming off it (bear in mind that all sorts of debris flies around under the car) . The solution was to replace the wheel bearing which was done under warranty in my case as I had only had the car a week when it happened . Due to this fact I cant recall what the cost was.

The error message / beeping is really annoying though ( goes off at 3 figure speeds..... not that I drove that fast ):D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts