Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get into my 156. I start the car and every thing is perfect.
Then, it could be a drive for 3 minutes or for 2 hours, once I turn the key off , and then, start again ( gas station for exp.) ,the ABS light turn on....
I cleaned the sensors.
Any suggestion?
Thank's

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
It sounds very like the usual oxidised terminals issue. This is the 2nd one this week.

I made a post about it in the tech section but advice is:
negative wiring
clean the battery terminals,
earth points (inner wing near battery especially but also A pillars near floor),

also:
positive side
battery terminal,
connections at fusebox,
maxi fuses and fusible links in the box near the battery.
Worth checking terminals at starter motor and alternator also.

Our cars are probably 15-20+ years old now and voltage is critical for many electronic modules. These things will not work properly if not maintained. Cars in all climates are being affected.

Play close attention to oxidised relay terminals, the female terminals on the wires in the multiplug housings and oxidised wires which turn green (copper) or black (steel).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank's.
I will try.
I also think I should replace the braking fluid- it looks too much dark and old- maybe it has a conecction too...

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
If the brake AND clutch fluid is dirty, then change it. If it really quite bad, it may be wise to pull off the reservoir and drain the reservoir fully into a basin. The reservoir could then be cleaned before filing with new fluid. Doing it that way means you don't take the risk of running it too low to get all the old fluid or of the reservoir.

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
5,799 Posts
....and I was expecting a fitness video!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts