Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

These warning lights came on, on the way home from work last night after quite a hard brake behind a car that pulled out...

Pads were low anyway so any connection their?

Drove home, went out again in it and the lights went off. However they have come back on again when starting up this morning..

Is it a cold weather alfa thing? or something more serious?

while on the subject i may as well get some front pads fitted asap too.. ferodo okay?

·
Registered
14,575 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Cold weather may be the battery, brake ecu's the first to complain if it doesn't get enough current, best thing to do is check the voltage once left overnight to see if it's holding it's charge, engine off 12.65v good - 11.89v bad.

If not ABS sensor?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies so far. Maybe i should just take it too the garage to check out. I don't have the facilities to check voltage etc.

If ABS Sensor, any idea how much this would cost and from where?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
in the last couple of days ive got the same errors on mine, i think its got to be battery as it was fine before we had a few overnight frosts.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi,

I had the same problem and it turned out to be the sensor under the brake pedal. They ordered a new sensor and installed it within minutes.

Price of the sensor was about 30 euros or so. Don't know the price exactly because they didn't charge me anything but it was something like that.

Ronald.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,

I had the same problem and it turned out to be the sensor under the brake pedal. They ordered a new sensor and installed it within minutes.

Price of the sensor was about 30 euros or so. Don't know the price exactly because they didn't charge me anything but it was something like that.

Ronald.
Thanks Ronald. This too me will be (hopefully) the likely problem. I am taking it to the garage on Saturday morning to get front pads changed anyway. (Having said that, the message has once again disappeared!)

A

·
0 Posts
Had the same problem, turned out to be a disconnected plug in the ASR computer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts