Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 03 156 1.8. The other week I was on a steep hill and after doing a hillstart the ABS & VDC light came on, I panicked but the owners manual said brake function is ok just ABS not working so I figured that I can get it sorted when I get a chance. It then was on/off interminttenly for a while but the ABS seemed to work when tested on a wet hill, pulsing through pedal felt and wheels did not lock up. The warning is now on permanently, but sometimes does not come on till the brake pedal is pushed for the first time after starting and actually driving. This is accompanied occaisonally by a pulsing through the brake pedal that feels like the system is checking itself??? Does this seem like a technical glitch in the system or has the ABS box gone kaput? I have not been able to get to my Alfa mechanic as I am tied up with work etc, but any heads up before I take it to him would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
The warning is now on permanently, but sometimes does not come on till the brake pedal is pushed for the first time after starting and actually driving.
That sounds very similar to a problem I had with my 147, which was caused by a faulty brake light switch. If so, the brake lights will work OK & diagnostics will not come up with a fault code.

L

·
0 Posts
all else fails call to into John Lenannes, Rathnew to get the car diagnosed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts