Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, thought i would give the bkack beast a little Hammering the other day as i normally drive like Ms Daisy in her, well i looked at my dash and my ABS sensor and ASR light came on for no apparent reason, i never hit the brakes, I have been told it could be the sensor needing cleaned. How is it to do?

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
First and easiest thing to check first is the brake pedal switch. Look up underneath by the pedal, press the pedal downwards so you can see the (usually) white plastic switch plunger that the pedal presses against ....grab this plastic plunger with some pliers than carefully pull it directly outwards/downwards. It is held on a spring loaded ratchet so will make a, well, ratchety sound as it pulls out. Once it has moved out a bit, release the brake pedal which will reset/self adjust the plunger again.

Check and see if that sorted it.

If not, next step is to get a code reader and read the diagnostics.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that advice bud, it's not that so looks like cleaning the ABS sensors is next

·
Registered
5 Posts
(Posting as chriss1 since old account broken after security update...)

Ah well, it was worth a bash. TBH, it really would be best to try reading error codes first as there are many possible reasons for the symptoms.

I had the brake pedal switch thing on mine a while back and the dash lit up like Xmas. ABS fails, ASR fail, VDC fail, cruise wouldn't work. It was intermittent though so took longer to find that it should have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts