Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 916 Spider just failed its MOT, The ABS light will not come on. The garage told me to try changing the bulb. How do I change the bulb. I have taken the instrument panel out.

·
Registered
'98 GTV V6
1,299 Posts
It's not a bulb, it's a LED, so I very much doubt that this is you problem. How handy are you with a multimeter, you could see if power is supplied to the pin in the instrument plug for the ABS. More likely a fuse to the ABS system as blown or worse. What year is your car? As there are differences with the ABS over the years & I upload a wiring diagram for ya..

Reactions: Michael George

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not a bulb, it's a LED, so I very much doubt that this is you problem. How handy are you with a multimeter, you could see if power is supplied to the pin in the instrument plug for the ABS. More likely a fuse to the ABS system as blown or worse. What year is your car? As there are differences with the ABS over the years & I upload a wiring diagram for ya..
Thank you for you input Stixy.

I have located the LED and tested continuity. I am ok with a multi-meter. I shall check fuses tomorrow. I shall have to find the ABS plug to check the pin. My car is a 1997 model.

·
Registered
'98 GTV V6
1,299 Posts
PM me your email address & I'll send you the workshop manual extracts. There are 2 type of ABS system associated with the Phase 1 cars; Bosch 2Si or Bosch 5.3, we need to determine which system is fit to your car?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Hi - did you ever resolve this issue?

I've got the same problem - MoT fail due to ABS warning light not illuminating when ignition is turned on.

The car is a '96 Phase 1 Spider with what looks like the earlier ABS system (Bosch 2Si).

Fuses on main and aux. boards look OK.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts