Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a while ago now my abs light came on fora day or so then just went away......same thing has happend today however so far its not gone out

looking back i have now realised that on both occasions i had the car up on a jack and today also had the wheels off

could this be the cause?
or should i worry (get the wallet out) yet again? :confused:

·
Registered
257 Posts
The most common faults are speed sensors unplugged and dirty connections on the ECU. Under the rear seats are the 2 connectors for the rear speed sensors, unplug clean and refit. Under the bonnet by the front struts are the front connectors, again unplug clean and refit Pull the pin from the main wiring loom plug which plugs into the abs pump (also contains the ECU) 9 times from ten a squirt of wd40 onto the pump terminals and refit the plug will cure it.

Any more than that will unfortunately result in a trip to the indy/ dealer, as a ODB reader / PC is required to communicate with the abs ECU. If the fault is cured then a 100 yard drive will put the light out ;)

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
which wheel.

i sell cables to connect a laptop to your car's various ecu's.

see my signature for FREE diagnostic software

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lets hope is is one of the simpler things ay! i was kind of holdng out for it just to naturally go out as it did first time round but no luck so far! ill give those ideas a go tomorow night though :) cheers

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
which wheel.

i sell cables to connect a laptop to your car's various ecu's.

see my signature for FREE diagnostic software
had both front wheels off (to gain access to remove the front bumper)

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The ABS light on my 146 comes on after about 10 minutes, I just ignore it :)
lol im glad you can, it sticks out to me like a sore thumb!!! they could of made it in a more mellow colour so i could put up with it!! :lol:

·
Vendor
45,291 Posts
When the light is on, the ABS system is off and you will lock up the tyres if you brake too hard..

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
as said before !

if the ABS light is on, ABS is OUT !!
same as for the Airbag light

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
update on the situation, light was still on when i got up this morning, then a short drive soon saw the light dissapear and hasnt returned!!

hopefully will stay this way :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts