Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My 1997 2.0TS Spider has the ABS light on... just stayed on after starting the car, and hasn't gone out again.

I have checked the 60A and 10A fuse and both are ok... Have also checked the 12V power and earths on the connector to the 5.3 ABS module... all ok...

But still can't get it to run the flash fault code diagnostic by earthing the pin 1(blue & white wire) on the t8 plug... the ABS light simply doesn't flash...

Any ideas?

All the Best,

Sérgio

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
early 3 pin are temperamental on the diag socked pre dating the ODB2 universal socket.....PH1 cars are just 3 pin

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,

Thank you for your replies...

I don't have any scantools yet, nor cables to connect to the multiecuscan...

I believe I have the 3-pin diagnostic port... with the blue&white / Black / Red&white wires... I this the correct one? (see photos below)

Please note that this on a LHD car.

Another thing, I've got near battery voltage on the blue and red wires (around 10,70 and 11,85V respectively)... is this ok?

All the best,

Sérgio

Attachments

·
Registered
576 Posts
That looks like a Phase 1 car but with the 5.3 ABS, as you say, rather than the earlier 2Si unit.

If it's a 5.3 ABS then Multiecuscan should be able to read any fault codes - Multiecuscan - Diagnostics software for Italian cars.

Do you have any problems with the ABS system other than the warning light being on?

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Do you have any problems with the ABS system other than the warning light being on?
it stopped working when the ABS light went on... The light went on after a sluggish start, as the car was in the garage for about 2-3 weeks...

It's a late Phase 1 car... already has the later 5.3 abs system. I've had the car for nearly 9 years and this was the first time something like this has happened...

Here she is... 99% stock... only the chrome grill and white indicators...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
576 Posts
I talked to a guy, at www.scantool-direct.co.uk and he warned me that the voltages I have on that port will probably destroy any scantool connected to it as they normally work with 5V... I have over 10V! Do you have any idea if the voltages I have are correct?

All the best,

Sérgio
Probably - the three-pin lead you need to connect the ABS ECU to your KKL USB lead comes with flyleads for a 12V supply... without that, it won't work at all.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Probably - the three-pin lead you need to connect the ABS ECU to your KKL USB lead comes with flyleads for a 12V supply... without that, it won't work at all.
Thank you for your reply... I've got to order the 3-pin and kkl-usb leads to connect it to the ecu... and pray it doen't all go bang!!!! :titanic:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts