Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems there is a brown fuse in a housing on top of the battery that is part of the ABS system, although it doesn't look like a standard fuse - it is a flat metallic plate with the brown fuse in the middle held down by two screws. Cost £1.12 to replace and 'Bob is your Marley' I have ABS again.

Was planning on selling a kidney to pay for a new ECU.:)

Thanks to CJ Romeo for his advice.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Thats good to hear, will remember that.

R

·
0 Posts
Was the warning light on? just wondered as I'm not entirely sure the ABS on the spider is working, keep meaning to go for a quiet street and slam on just to test it but haven't got round to it.

·
Registered
821 Posts
You can also try just 'feathering' the brake peddle gently over a bumpy surface, that will usually fool the ABS into kicking in momentarily!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was the warning light on? just wondered as I'm not entirely sure the ABS on the spider is working, keep meaning to go for a quiet street and slam on just to test it but haven't got round to it.
Both the ABS & EBD lights came on the day after I bought the car, did a brake test and the neither was working. ABS definitely works now.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Maybe, but just remember that ABS can't help you if there's no traction to be had. We wouldn't want you rolling into a tree or something! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts