Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Does anyone of you have this kinda problem on your 159?
AC blowin cold, BUT
Its like somekind electric(?) Flap motor/valve stuck'd or something like that
I have used on MES and didnt have any failcodes or anything..
(
) >0:20

It disappear when i shut down AC and start immediately when push AC on.
Could it be low lvl fluid? Doesnt sound ac compressor bearing failure, had that on my old 156..

Hopefully wasnt that bad language :)
Cheers from Finland

·
Registered
720 Posts
Mine doesnt.
Did you try to actuate/activate (sorry my english isnt all that) the valves when you had it connected to MES?
I know that when you disconnect the battery and connect it again the system will adjust/reset itself, did you try that yet?
Could be low on gas to, only one way to find out.
Go to a filling station.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine doesnt.
Did you try to actuate/activate (sorry my english isnt all that) the valves when you had it connected to MES?
I know that when you disconnect the battery and connect it again the system will adjust/reset itself, did you try that yet?
Could be low on gas to, only one way to find out.
Go to a filling station.
I tested those valves on MES but havent disconnect battery yet. It sounds strange if it doesnt give any codes but still some valves or flaps stuck somehow..
but well, gotta go to fill whole thing on next week. Hopefully il be wiser after that !
il post then what is situation

·
Registered
720 Posts
I would disconnect the battery for 10 minutes, doesnt cost a thing.
Then after doing that you can hear the system reset itself, then dont do a thing till its don.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well. 530g fluid were on system, so i think thats not problem..but Somewhere(maybe on elearn) i readed about 450g is correct amount of that fluid and that sound might be from somekind of ovetpressure valve(?) Gotta read pressure on MES, should be about 17 bar..

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Sounds like one of the flaps vibrating. If you turn the system off and on and its disappears it's not the refrigerant level. Probably just a system 'feature' that happens when air pressure builds up on a flap and the motor tries to shut it back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well. i replaced those fluids 550 to 460g and that noise disappeared. Dunno was it those 'flaps' or just too much pressure on system.. Gotta wait for next warm day (more than 25c) I guess im wiser after that. Hopefully its gone forever,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts