Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having seen his infamous joke in context on YouTube, it really seem like he was joking, although distastefully. Isn't he being bashed for every distastefulness he has said the last many years, right now?

N

·
0 Posts
Media feeding frenzy.

The British media, especially the gutter press, enjoy a good mob whip-up.

Especially around now when a public inquiry is ongoing into
what low-life, evil, degenerate scumbags the press can be.

;)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Strange i thought we just had a day where we remembered those who died in their millions fighting for our freedom of speech, he is intitled to his opion just like all the rest of us. If people dont like it dont watch him.One more thing all that will happen is the media are making a mountain out of a mole hill so he will end up having to leave the BBC and he will go straight to Sky or ITV get paid a lot more and be just the same if not worse.

·
Registered
316 Posts
This whole episode just goes to show how much a joke the mainstream media in this country is, and how well clarkson plays it.

He was clearly joking .... should he have said it no , did it have the exact effect he wanted ... yes.

I find it hard to take any news seriuosly, when headline news is clarkson telling a joke and second page news is whats happening on the X Factor..... its all a load hype over nothing.

·
Registered
277 Posts
[
I find it hard to take any news seriuosly, when headline news is clarkson telling a joke and second page news is whats happening on the X Factor..... its all a load hype over nothing.[/QUOTE]

Lol i think you will find X factor is page four I'm a celebrity is on page two lol

G

·
0 Posts
He's just another arse off the TV who I couldn't give two hoots about what he does or says. This arse happens to like cars though which makes me watch his show

·
Registered
204 Posts
OTT remark clearly made as a joke or hacking other peoples phones/computers and hounding them to death(quite literally)

Which is worst..... Hmmm, methinks the press are taking the p1$$

Pj

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Yea' what alfageezer said I think :confused:.

Who is this Clarkson fellow of whom you speak? :rolleyes:

Hussar, Lancer, Dragoon Guard, Carabinier? Surely some sort of sabre slashing renegade from how you have described him?

Bravo! :D :lol: :cheese:

·
Registered
105 Posts
It was the woman from UNISON who was horrified and would be "taking legal advice" who made me laugh....she should take MY advice: Grow up, get a life and if you don't like what you hear then turn over/off......she should be executed in front of her family for making comments like that ;)

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He really pretended to take two opposite sides: First "it's like back in the seventies, my favorite decade!" and then "because this is BBC, and we have to be neutral" he said the shooting strikers thing. I don't think many of the ones protesting did see the whole clip.

·
Registered
674 Posts
The man is an arse and the joke was lame but it was a joke and the irony which is totally lost on the "I'm offended" brigade is many of them are calling for him to be shot.

Don't they understand IF his comment is offensive then theirs is too?

G

·
0 Posts
Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson has faced a storm of protest from mental health charities after he branded people who throw themselves under trains as "selfish".

Pretty much every person I know says the same thing. **** me Clarkson if you are going to be controversial for a 'living' (yawn) then you need to try harder

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Stretched middle aged wealthy smart ass' who you never see with a dishy bird in tow, or do you? So has he got one, or two, or loads, I don't know that's why I ask you well informed people yet again.:):

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
If it sells papers it makes print... It's all about the money and nothing to do with how dis-tastful his comment was or wasn't.

I don't agree with Clarkson on many things, and especially not his love for the blue oval, but I do like his 'say what you see' approach to life!

Too many people pussy foot around peoples feelings rather than saying exactly how they feel, and for that reason alone he gets my vote! :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Have you ever met a engine driver who has hit a suicide victim? They're not happy. In their training (in Sweden) they learn to blow the whistle (to avoid hearing the sound) and look away when they're about to hit someone. The poor people who have made their decision most often seek eye contact with the driver. They all hit about four people during a normal career. The same goes for the tube.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I was the 1st man on the scene at a fatality involving a high speed train.
It's not pretty, it's not nice, the emotional stress it causes on train staff, emergency services, driver & guard is immense. Some drivers never return to work, a career for life, ruined by a senseless idiot.

I am glad Clarkson said what every other rail staff says! Good on him, about time someone finally told it how it is!

People who use trains to commit suicide regardless of 'mental state', religious & marital pressures, or just then don't want to live anymore do not deserve any sympathy!

Now accidental fatalities (which do occur) are normally contributed to human error and only in rare cases failed railway equipment.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I was the 1st man on the scene at a fatality involving a high speed train.
It's not pretty, it's not nice, the emotional stress it causes on train staff, emergency services, driver & guard is immense. Some drivers never return to work, a career for life, ruined by a senseless idiot.

I am glad Clarkson said what every other rail staff says! Good on him, about time someone finally told it how it is!

People who use trains to commit suicide regardless of 'mental state', religious & marital pressures, or just then don't want to live anymore do not deserve any sympathy!

Now accidental fatalities (which do occur) are normally contributed to human error and only in rare cases failed railway equipment.

A truly callous summary on suicide...i hope suicide never visits your family. :tut:

1 - 20 of 84 Posts