Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be testing my race car on the 4th April at the Abingdon venue (DALTON BARRACKS) , just 2 minutes from where we all met last year to travel down to the Alfa Romeo day at Lord Monty's . I normally test the car at Goodwood each year before the season starts but this year they've cancelled the test day due to the big members meeting there a few days before.
Last time I tested in Dec 2013 to try out a new set-up , it wouldn't start at all so took the Alfa round for a few laps of Goodwood --- all good fun but I really need to scrub the tyres in and feel the car out before competing later in April , so it better start this time . Been starting it and up to temp ' every week so it should do.
Anyone having a day off will be welcome , just look out for my 159 in RED plus red race car :)

·
Registered
932 Posts
Can anyone else join the track too
,or is only for test race cars?
I am free from the 28th so open to anything goin on to get me out lol

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can anyone else join the track too
,or is only for test race cars?
I am free from the 28th so open to anything goin on to get me out lol
Yes , of course you can but be quick or they'll be fully booked up.
CONTACT www.motorsport-events.com then either register on there to book or phone Natasha using the number listed on there. Look forward to seeing you there ? I have two helmets if you haven't got one , it'll save you hiring theirs :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All loaded and ready to leave by 6-30am in the morning , to arrive by 8-00am at the Dalton Barracks entrance of the airfield.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A really usefull day at Abingdon trying out the new 13'' three piece and Avon ZZR A24 compound. I knew it would behave differently than on the previous 15'' and R888's soft but didn't expect it to feel like a different car. Couldn't reach the top end in 5th so not sure how much top speed I've lost/in theory 8mph. However the accelleration and turn in is awesome but was surprised at the final optimum tyre pressure , after 5 adjustments was 14.5psi . On my 15x50x205's R888's optimum was 16.5psi. -- 17psi at some events.
I tried the zzr's on 16.5psi and the car felt as though it had solid wheels .
I met and chatted with another Alfa owner who was testing his race car/not the Alfa though.

I intend testing at Castle Coombe on July 4th with the same MOTORSPORT-EVENT guys as I'll be competing there in October.
It stayed dry too :thumbs:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts