Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if somebody could clarify what the following feature listed in the AO club benefits for Medio and Premio users actually refers to?

"Ability To Share Videos
Your ability to share videos from Google and You tube..."

Cheers,
TB

·
Administrator
46,134 Posts
Here's the text from a post explaining hoe to which Ian wrote, hopefully shoudl help:

This will explain how to get videos embedded into alfaowner pages

1. As a guide line, please dont put more than x5 videos in a single post
2. Be specific when giving the video post a title
3. Do not link to anything that breaks the new Community Standard Rules

Members using Medio accounts may only embed Google videos, however Premio members can embed both Google and You Tube videos!

This is all you have to do:
To attach a video to a new thread/post, simply copy the videos ID# from the You Tube link in the address bar on You Tube.
As an example, I am using: M4yo_n2k8cc

What I did then was chose to go "Advanced" from the quick reply box, when the advanced window opened I clicked the "You Tube" button and inserted my id between the code.

Its that easy...

Job done! (make sure you have no spces in the ID)

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
There's now a Just Videos lounge running along side the Just Images lounge. :cool:

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys.

I was beginning to fear that a filter system for completely external youtube/google ULRs had been put in :lol:

BTW Bazza when you say "as an example" am I supposed to being seeing the video in the post right now?
Maybe one has to be Medio/Premio to both post and view these links?

Cheers,
TB

·
Administrator
46,134 Posts
BTW Bazza when you say "as an example" am I supposed to being seeing the video in the post right now?
You would be if you were looking at the actual post, I only copied the text itself :)

·
Super Moderator
114,703 Posts
FYI Trailbraker the video facility effectively puts the vids into post which look like what autoblog has on some of its articles. A largish window with the video and you can click in the middle of it to start it and play right on the post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts