·
Registered
7,634 Posts
Novitec?

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. Finally got Kishens Race! Chip off him.

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
Lol oh race not race! Lol. Careful, watch the plugs

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Every time i type in r a c e my dumb phone makes it Race!

Given up trying to convince it how its supposed to spell it. :cheese:

Spark plugs? It's going for service soon.so will ask Joha3 to have a look.

I need new tires too :cry:

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
Race chip likes to burn plugs due to boost. A dp is a absolute must else yiu will melt plugs.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dp is on menu soon

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
Yeah me too as soon as I find time

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I want real fast guys ill hop in the 4C :cheese:

Definitely wont crank the chip up to much.

Sitting at 3 now and will keep it there for now. :thumbup:

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
will fit the novitec back as soon as the abarth 500 is back from panel beaters

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
yaya you got a 4c... just saying... careful as they like to burn plugs.. will drop of car this week or next.. probably saturday as im away again next week

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
yaya you got a 4c... just saying... careful as they like to burn plugs.. will drop of car this week or next.. probably saturday as im away again next week
:cheese:

I'm having the plugs replaced on Thursday or Friday when Punto goes in for service.

Is it wise to buy a forged actuator for the MA?

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
Naaah the garret system is pretty strong. i was looking at the intake though yesterday wen i stripped it off to clean, that is poorly made and the ripples will cause issues in the flow. ill chat to Nishen to make something up.

i do want the sandwich adapter for the BOV cause if you look at the structure it will stall the turbo

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If he makes you a DP, tell him to make 2. If he comes up with something for the intake. Tell him to make 2 :cheese:

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
im going to.. i have been traveling a stupid amount lately and have had no time

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
i also stripped the wheels off this weekend and cleaned the dimples in the disks. sorted all my brake squeel out. i also managed to fix my boost issue. so all in all, she got lotsa love this weekend

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
I cannot believe you guys have STILL not got DP's...:depressed:

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
With all my traveling, my family comes first

Reactions: Ian Lusso

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
You guys really need to play it safe. Burning plugs is a visible symptom of incorrect combustion. Knock. Other invisible damage is taking place as well.

1. You could crack a piston due to fatigue: http://www.e-tuners.com/userfiles/VWgolfV_GTI-enginekaboom4.JPG
2. You could melt your pistons: http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19a0acmc30azwjpg/original.jpg
3. You could bend conrods: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/images/bentrod.jpg

Now imagine moering the top of your piston with a 5 pound hammer once in every 2 revolutions.. How will your bearings look after a few thousand poundings?

Read this, especially the bit about how after a few seconds you have already caused damage to your engine: Engine Detonation

A few seconds... When your plugs are melted, you can bet your behind that you've aready broken something else as well.

Serious advice: Don't mess with chips that don't sort your fueling and timing. Those aren't good at all.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts