Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I posted this problem a while back and have not managed to get it fixed, hoping for some ideas?:)

My central locking does not work full stop. Not from the fob or manually putting the key in the lock. When i press the fob, it flashes and i hear a clicking from behind the glove box(like a relay noise) It does not arm or disarm the alarm or immobiliser. This means i have to manually close all 4 doors and do not have an alarm. The car has no other electrical faults, the windows etc work fine.
The car is a 156 TS on an X plate.

PPPPPPPlease help!!!!:cry:

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
fuses:

main fuse box:

top row, middle fuse ==> 20a
middle row, most RHS ==> 10a
bottm row, middle fuse ==> 10a

also there is a 'body' computer behind the glove box, when you press the fobes button you should hear it click

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when i press the fob or lock with the key i can hear the clicking from behind the glove box. I assume this is the body computer. does that suggest that its working ok? also...is this a different name for the ecu that controls the windows etc or a seperate part?

ill check the fuses now...many thanks for your help so far

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
"where is the body computer on the 147?"

Inside the lefthand(n/s) front wheel arch, behind the plastic liner at the top. You need to undo a few screws , then move the liner to get at it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts