Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6,811 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hmm, it does look a bit low, do you get any problems with fouling the arches etc?
What springs / dampers are on and are they adjustable!
I need to lower by rear end in particular but I don't want to drop it too much! :eek: and I have to say yours does look a tad too low.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why is lowering barry:confused: are all race cars barry:p:lol:

but low for everyday use though:lol:;)
I'm fairly sure I wont even get it in the car park at home :( still needs alignment doing as there is camber issues as well :(

M

·
0 Posts
Bloody hell Sean..................what have you done???:lol:

Take it up a wee bit mate..looks a bit 'too' low.........and a nightmare where bumps and sleeping policemen are concerned.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Waheyyyy!!! I imagine that height'd be a total nightmare round your way Sean. What do u reckon, raise 10 or 20mm??
I think it looks mint that height like, but probs too impractical and quite stiff :)
Yup I think about that, already scraped my lovely new Zeatek undertray :cry:

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
go round corners like is on rails though:D

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Nice 164 in the b/g. Does look very low, but doesn't look to be much less clearance under the front spoiler than my standard GTA.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Up up up. Yea I think that looks to low, and I would always worry about speed bumps etc!!!!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Sean - are these the Eibach Pro Street coilies? I had some put on last year by Ned and I think he set them about as high as they go (which is still a bit lower than standard - I think they quote about 20mm drop). I'd set them at that to start and work from there.

Interested to hear how you find them.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
what have you had fitted? mine is gettin lowered thurs and this make me think twice.
that is a massive drop mate, dont worry, unless you have gone for a drop that over about 40mm.

GD's looks like about a 60mm drop if not more, good for a race track mind:lol::D

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sean - are these the Eibach Pro Street coilies? I had some put on last year by Ned and I think he set them about as high as they go (which is still a bit lower than standard - I think they quote about 20mm drop). I'd set them at that to start and work from there.
Yes they are, I worked out from the instructions that came with them that the highest setting in the adjustment range would be about what it was standard and the adjustment range was stated as being 25 mm at front and 35 mm at back so I told the fitters to drop it to the bottom of the range but leave the rear higher than the front.

I tried to ring Ned a couple times last week to get more info on how to have them set but got no answer and got no response from PM, are they on hols or something?

When I first saw it I was aghast, in no way did I want my tyres dissapearing into the arches, it just looks nuts, I was expecting it to be above the tyres to be honest.

I've driven about 15 miles with them as they are and I have to say the difference in how I can get the power down is astounding, I think my car is actually a lot faster now, overtook a car and a lorry on about 100 meters of road in the wet, dropped to second planted the throttle and it just went for the horizon with no wheel spin at all.

On good roads the roadholding and damping are firm but solid feeling, there's no crashiness whatsoever from hitting road imperfections like I had before, cornering ability is equally phenomonal, very flicky, like my old mini was but without the bone jarring ride. Considering how damp and slippy it is out tonight I was cornering at near dry road speeds.

Over uneven roads it's a bit choppy, seems to be more from the rear as well, but I put this down to the fact it just sticking to the contours and the rear may not be set up right and whatever the road throws at them they just stick to, transmission of this into the car isn't bad at all, and luckily the worst road is mine own DOH! where it was inexpertly resurfaced on a 1 in 3 hill last year and the muppets left the entire length of the road with a rippled surface which is awful to drive on in any car.

I also have the Eibach ARB Kit front and rear, so not sure how much work is being done by that and leaving the coilies just to damp rather than negate roll as well.

I also managed to get into the car park without scraping anything, getting back out should be fun though...

Oddly when I parked up and got out the car it looks like the suspension is higher than when it was when I picked it up???

I can see a good inch of gap between rear wheels and arch whereas before tyres were in the arch which is weird and not sure what to make of it.

Any way, for my first experience at this I don't think it's gone too badly, although I ended up having to have new rear pads on as well as they were shagged so today has seen.

Eibach Pro Street S
New Top Wishbones
New Rear Pads
New Zeatek Undertray

Plus they tightened up my hand brake cable which had slipped a bit :thumbs:

:)

Also a question, if I get the 4 wheel alignment done then reset the ride height will I need to get alignment done again?

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
:eek: I'd beware of any pebbles on the road :eek:

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just been out for a blast, definitely needs highering, :( there was a little bit of rubble on the lane and that went crunch crunch against the undertray, can certainly carry a lot more speed now, chuffing aweseom it is, just want it about an inch higher, had trouble getting out the car park :lol: ah well rather the undertray than my sump :eek:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts