Alfa Romeo Forum banner

AAAARGH !!!! My car went Kaaaboooooom !!!

782 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  McGuinn 
G
#1 ·
Just changed the fuel filter, and now the fuel pump has stopped it's high pitched whining....which is good :)

Played with the brake bias doodah, and that seemed to work too :):)

Went for a blast around the roads of Knockhill, redlining in 3rd, I changed to 4th then KAAAAABOOOOOM !!!
Something went bang in the engine, or zorst, but I saw flames behind me :cool: :eek:
I pressed in the clutch and slowed, gave a little blip on the throttle and the engine seemed fine. Stopped, checked for loadsa oil, broken bits etc etc and could find nothing and the car sounded fine at tickover.

I decided to carry on until it happened again, so pulled away and the car shot off like a scalded cat !!!! This continued for the rest of my thrash and the car is running great !!!!!

What happened ????
Maybe I should get my car on the rollers again while it's running good.

#2 ·
Marlon!!! I don't I'll take any other picture behind your Alfa!!! :eek: :D Specially on the rollers!!! :D

#3 ·
I say it's to much power for that small exhaust. ;)

#5 ·
Seems I need to have a run on it again. :)

#8 ·
marlon said:
The car was decatted anyway ;)
Mine's also done a few pops & bangs since having it decatted, it has only done it when I've been enjoying some 'spirited' driving, then when letting the engine brake from say 5k rpm downwards, get a loud bang and a small flash in the rear view mirror... and thats with the 3 standard boxes on!

#10 ·
Could an electrical problem have caused the ignition to miss a beat and pass the unburnt fuel into the exhaust? :eek:
All it will have done is widen the bore a bit!!! FOOT IN!!! :lol: ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.