Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i thought it wouldnt last! The young **** at my work were playing football near the cars (the pricks have been warned about this) and one of them hit the MiTo with the ball. Now ive got a dent and some minor ball shaped scratches on the passenger side quarter panel! Now i didnt know they had done it at first and thought it was from a workmates door. Until i got a closer look and started quizzing them and one of them admitted they had done it. Anyway ive had Dent Devils round but the guy hasnt done a MiTo before so although the deng is no problem he doesnt know how the trim comes off. Happy days eh! :evil: Before i take it to my local Alfa dealers does anyone know how the trim comes off? Thing is he said he would have to go to the dealers when hes got time to look which will be atleast a week but the numpty who did it is and is paying is leaving next friday.
Thanks Phil

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just a quick thought... if you have access to eper (don't know if the latest version has the Mito), you can always look at the parts diagrams and deduce how things are put together. However, I would say it wouldn't be dramatically different from a Grande Punto!

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Sorry to hear that GIZTO29. It must be every car owner's worst nightmare (especially a relatively new car that's as stunning as the MITO). I get paranoid just parking the car in a public car park incase someone dings my door!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Sorry to hear that Phil, heard good reviews from Dint Devils though, hope it comes up looking like new, glad the kid admitted to it, maybe they will not play around the cars any more. Hope it all gets sorted mate :thumbs:

·
Registered
103 Posts
i work in a porsche bodyshop and we use dent devils and they are the best dent removal company we know may be they could just take out the rear light unit out and get to the dent

·
Registered
68 Posts
That sucks Gitzo. :mad:Its always a sad day when a Mito gets a knock, espcially when its somone who clearly takes good care of it. :rant:

I get paranoid just parking the car in a public car park incase someone dings my door!
Me too. I purposely try to park it next to small yet expensive cars in the hope their owners respect peoples cars in the same way i would.

We try our best to keep our cars looking 'good as new' as long is possable. Sadly tho, its just not possable all the time:rant:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Gutter. The latest dent reval tequniques don't involve taking trim off so shame you don't live near me!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I feel For you buddy since i have had my mito (2 Months) I have had 2 little dents from either someone opening their door on me and one in a place god knows how it got there, anyway dent devils came round and took the trim off no problem.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. The ball had actually been killed by another lad with a drill as he had told them repeatedly about playing near the cars. Ive rang the dealers and they said £45 + vat to take it off and replace it. The dent devil lad is going to go in and have a look at one in the garage 1st but cant get there straight away and i may have to wait over a week which is why he suggested them taking it off. The problem is the lad who is paying is leaving our company next friday so i wanted it resolved by then. I'll probs end up just getting the money off him and having to get it done in a week or two once dent devil has been in to the alfa dealers.
The MiTo isnt on EPER.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
I purposely try to park it next to small yet expensive cars in the hope their owners respect peoples cars in the same way i would.

We try our best to keep our cars looking 'good as new' as long is possable. Sadly tho, its just not possable all the time:rant:
I am much the same! The MITO has particularly big doors, so any 'ding' would be noticeable on them. The car has such a lovely, smooth profile that I'd be gutted if there was a dent somewhere on the bodywork. My family think I'm mental as I park as far away from the entrance to Tesco as possible ;)

So far, so good. But I have managed to scratch the car in one or two places so far (bike fell on the bonnet in the garage and the handlebar scraped the paint!) :(

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Seriously, trim off minor dent repairs are so last decade:eek:

My chap in Sheldon uses a clever bridge affair that pulls the dent out.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
117 Posts
Oh I understand that just don't undertabd why your need a new trim he takes it off then puts the original one back on

1 - 20 of 26 Posts