Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got in car this morning for work started OK but stalled when reversing from my garage. Tried again with a little more throttle and OK. I then set off but when I got to a slight hill kept stalling!!! :cry:Tried a few more times but no look. Had to limp car home on level ground and drove OK but seemed to lack power. had to abandon it and try find out what's gone wrong.

Could it be turbo related though I doubt it as turbo would not normally kick in until 2000 revs.

Clutch is on its way out, could this be the problem.

Any ideas please.:confused:

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Dead MAF perhaps; unplug its electrical connector and try again, if the car drives OK without the MAF you have your culprit.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
It's on top of the air filter housing, nearside front of the engine bay. You'll have to release a yellow plastic catch on the plug then you can unplug the connector.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
coupled with the stalling I'd say you want to be looking for an air or boost leak between the maf and the inlet cut off valve.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's on top of the air filter housing, nearside front of the engine bay. You'll have to release a yellow plastic catch on the plug then you can unplug the connector.
Only had chance for a quick go yesterday.

Found the MAF and released the yellow catch but could not unplug the damn thing. Can't get my hand in, think I will have to take the top of the air filter housing off and the big pipe to get in.:rant:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally got a chance at the weekend to have another look.

20 minutes and job done.:thumbs: Managed to unplug the sensor and car back to its usual self.

What I need to know now is: am I able to run it like this or I am likely to cause some damage??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts