Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so got report from AA and heading off to UK tomorrow or latest Thursday. No evidence of crash, no evidence of engine being disturbed or changed and yet bolts that hold bonnet have been disturbed??? indicating that it was taken off at some point??? this is a 2010 model so anyone got any ideas as to why this would happen?

Guy stated that it could have happened in factory if bonnet wasnt aligned etc....but would be grateful for any feedback from forum as its kinda bothering me now....

everything else checks out fine....
Thanks

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In wales from a garage

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Just wondering, as I went to see one of that age near me ,(Dorset), it's mis-described as a 156 but bonnet shut lines are not correct and offside wing has been removed at sometime in it's history, also front grill chrome has blistered and base of front bumper/splitter is a slightly different shade of red and has no clear coat. This was a garage too, £12,000, so top dollar.
Hope your Welsh one turns out to be OK.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for info......thankfully not same car.....£12000 and from a garage???
Will be bringing a magnifying glass with me so ....

·
Registered
317 Posts
Ok so got report from AA and heading off to UK tomorrow or latest Thursday. No evidence of crash, no evidence of engine being disturbed or changed and yet bolts that hold bonnet have been disturbed??? indicating that it was taken off at some point??? this is a 2010 model so anyone got any ideas as to why this would happen?

Guy stated that it could have happened in factory if bonnet wasnt aligned etc....but would be grateful for any feedback from forum as its kinda bothering me now....

everything else checks out fine....
Thanks
Can you post a pic?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Hmmm Cant see anything untoward with that car.... could it be a mistake? Take the report with you and question them, see how they react and maybe try and get a discount off the car

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah just sent off an email re this as AA have classed it as bodywork done .....

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
maybe the car had a recall? Could be many reasons but if no crash flag is showing then i wouldnt too worried ;)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah no evidence of crash ......just want to be as sure as I can be as not small money and dont want any hassle with it.....going to bring someone along that knows his stuff and get him to go over it again.....
thanks for replies

·
Administrator
87,331 Posts
Just a suggestion, I've seen a few new unregistered Alfas where the alignment of some of the panels hasn't been great & panel gaps haven't been even, perhaps the previous owner of this car had the bonnet alignment adjusted to fix such an issue ?

Anyway good luck with the 159, hopefully it works out.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks David
wasnt aware of that.......yeah hopefully it will all go well....have waited quite a while for right one....

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Well all turned out really well and I now have my man

Spotted at holyhead ....my new man ......

·
Administrator
87,331 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks David
I just cant stop smiling.....and looking at it....and looking at it...and sitting in it....dream......:inlove:

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Well all turned out really well and I now have my man

Spotted at holyhead ....my new man ......
Honestly I dont mean to sound bad or anything... but errr you're a woman? If yes then you have fantastic taste... If you are a man then you have fantastic taste :D

Absolutely stunning in white I think.... and as of now I officially hate you

·
Administrator
87,331 Posts
Thanks David
I just cant stop smiling.....and looking at it....and looking at it...and sitting in it....dream......:inlove:

The 159ti is a stunning car especially in White :cool:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts