Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my annual breakdown and recovery service with Green Flag has gone up to £97 so I'm looking round.

The AA can do National Recovery, Roadside Assistance, At Home and and Parts and Garage Cover for a grand sum of £167.20.

There is a £35 excess and you can get upto £500 per claim, 5 claims per year. It seems to be well worth it - has anyone else got an experience in this cover?

I'm thinking drive shafts, alternator, starter.

The cover kicks in when the man in the van says "dangerous / incapable to be driven".

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
ive got it on my jag.

crank pully went on it so called out AA. they came and looked followed them to halfords autocenter collected car following day fully fixed. bill was £560 and i paid £35.

duel mass flywheel is on the way out so hoping to do the same...... cracking value for money

K

·
0 Posts
Out of interest, do they tie you in to servicing for that? It seems a very good deal if they just arrive, collect your car, and get it fixed.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
As with all these things I can't see them covering driveshafts, clutches, brakes etc. You should be able to ask them for a list of items covered and not covered :)

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
they changed belt, tentioner and crank pully for a failed pully so id say pretty good cover as they changed the belt and tentioner as they where not faulty.

your not tied into anything you just need to call AA breakdown out and if they think theres a fault they will take you to garage. you do need proof that your car is fully serviced.

K

·
0 Posts
they changed belt, tentioner and crank pully for a failed pully so id say pretty good cover as they changed the belt and tentioner as they where not faulty.

your not tied into anything you just need to call AA breakdown out and if they think theres a fault they will take you to garage. you do need proof that your car is fully serviced.
So as I service it myself, I would be struggling potentially?

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Parts covered are:

1 The Engine
All parts are covered other than exhaust systems or failure due to blockages within the oil system.

2 Engine Cooling System
All parts are covered, other than in the case of damage or failure due to freezing, corrosion, erosion and blockage.

3 Fuel System
All parts are covered, other than diesel particulate filters, and damage or failure due to incorrect or contaminated fuel, internal blockage, adjustments and failure to meet current emission legislation.

4 Clutch
All parts are covered other than worn-out friction surfaces.

5 Gearbox
All parts are covered.

6 Differential and Drive Line
All parts are covered excluding motorcycle drive chains and sprockets.

7 Steering
All parts are covered other than steering locks, ignition locks and barrels.

8 Suspension
All parts are covered other than wheels, tyres and suspension forks.

9 Braking System
All parts are covered other than brake discs, pads, drums and shoes.

10 Electrical System
All parts are covered including vehicle starter batteries other than sun roof motors and mechanisms, folding roof motors and mechanisms, window mechanisms (electrical and mechanical), door lock mechanisms (electrical and mechanical), ignition lock and barrel, lamps, bulbs, faulty connections, speedometer and odometer.

Other Insured Parts are:
Front windscreen wiper linkages.
Housings and Casings
These are covered provided they are damaged by the failure of an insured part.

So DMF, drive shafts, gearbox. For a 20v sounds great!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts