Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to the community!
Recently I decided to replace the standard bulbs with LED ones as I was shopping for a replacement stop bulb. So I found a pair of compatible (they were looking compatible at least..) stop LEDs and decided to try them. So I switched on the lights and the rear LEDs worked nicely, but then I pressed the brakes and to my surprise they didn't get brighter, they stayed the same. The third brake light comes on so, is this an incompatible set of LEDs or there is something I need to do? Also I switched off the lights and just pressed the brakes, all three brake lights came on normally. Other forum threads I found didn't really help and I really wanted to discuss this as it seems really weird as the metal part of the normal bulb and the LED one is 100% the same.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sounds like you have the incorrect bulb type, the tail lights in my CF2 156 are a dual filament so stay on but get brighter when brake is pressed- check they are P21-5W BAY15d - Phillips vision do LEDs of these.

·
Registered
30,008 Posts
It has need noted before that aftermarket dual filament LEDs can be too bright on the 5W part and not bright enough on the 21W part, so it looks like no change at all when you put the brakes on.
None of the aftermarket LED bulbs are road legal either.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like you have the incorrect bulb type, the tail lights in my CF2 156 are a dual filament so stay on but get brighter when brake is pressed- check they are P21-5W BAY15d - Phillips vision do LEDs of these.
Actually at night I noticed they get just a little brighter but I don't think thats safe. Ill try those you mentioned, thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has need noted before that aftermarket dual filament LEDs can be too bright on the 5W part and not bright enough on the 21W part, so it looks like no change at all when you put the brakes on.
None of the aftermarket LED bulbs are road legal either.
Nice to know. Im new to the automotive LED scene and I really want to replace all of the bulbs with LEDs. Also I live in Greece and they don't even care even if you use a candle for automotive lights, so that is not an issue here luckily. Thanks for the reply!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts