·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,705 Posts
that's shocking! don't let it be scrapped!

a beautiful car with a beautiful engine...it needs saving!

my car is one year older, and has done 128,000 miles - i can't believe that 156 is scrap-yard fodder... :(

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They're giving me a ring tomorrow about a temp wheel (although I don't need it anymore), I'll ask them about the V6 ...

·
Registered
35 Posts
It may be there because the Scrappage scheme. There are some people on there that scraped there 156 and stripped them before taking them to the dealer. then the scrap yard sell the remains before the crush the chassi

·
Registered
311 Posts
It may be there because the Scrappage scheme.
...the lack of radio is the clue. Sure enough it was a scrappage as I found out this morning. The guy in the tyres dept wanted £150 for the 4 wheels (205/50/16"s Avons) . They have another set of 5 apparently (55s), but no splits offered.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Wow, pages of cars in there including a Fiat Coupe, nearly all described as 'Runs And Drives', seriously what a waste. I'm not sure of the conditions that surround the scrappage scheme in the UK, but whatever they are I'm pretty sure the government don't give a fly'n ****** about the environment & its done purely as economic incentive.

Put those on a freighter to Hati today.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts