Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst out in the car the other day with my daughter, she voiced concern about getting stranded in snow and freezing to death! (We had a close call last year!)
I reassured her that even if we got stuck, we'd have the heater to keep us warm until help came.
This raised a question. How long would my 2.4 JTD run at tick over with a full tank fuel? Would we make it through the night?

Just wondering.......

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
IBTM :elaugh:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Whilst out in the car the other day with my daughter, she voiced concern about getting stranded in snow and freezing to death! (We had a close call last year!)
I reassured her that even if we got stuck, we'd have the heater to keep us warm until help came.
This raised a question. How long would my 2.4 JTD run at tick over with a full tank fuel? Would we make it through the night?

Just wondering.......
No idea but I'd take warm coats, blankets and supplies of food and water so you don't have to rely on it!

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
I would guess it would last all night, but I wouldn't want to just rely on it doing so!

·
Registered
217 Posts
always be prepared for the cold as being a alfa lets be honest there is no way of knowing if it would run all night let alone run out of fuel first LOL

·
Registered
554 Posts
IIRC the car uses about half a litre per hour when idling so with a full tank thats about 30 hours? But like the others have said.. better to also have a backup plan:)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was just wondering as my daughter asked.
I have a fail safe back up plan.............. stay at home on the sofa with a bottle of wine, a decent film and a warm wife! ;)

·
Registered
782 Posts
I always carry a snow survival kit in the car in winter - OK maybe a bit OTT for Hamshire but better safe than sorry!

One thing to watch out for is if it is snowing really hard, the snow can bank-up and block the exhaust - you should go out and check it every now and again!

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Snow blocking a hot exhaust? :confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts