Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just thought I'd share my acheivements from this weekend on my 98 Phase 1

the most time consuming was the wishbones - I hated every minute (a snapped balljoint retaining bolt n/s, and the other side was also a fatherless son to get out)

front wishbones - done
droplinks - done
split cv sticky boot jobby o/s outer - done
fit new oil/water coolant exchanger & oil/filter change & flush of cooling system - done
tweak of the exhaust mount to stop it bashing the subframe - done
set of phase two alloys fitted - done
fix door release (with an old porsche brass pedal box bush - perfect fit and no more elbowing my way out of the car anymore :) ) - done
rear no plate bulb - done
front sidelight bulb -done

ok.. the last two werent hard but nice to have them ticked off the list and i still have a few doubtfull points for the upcoming mot...
front discs/pads
small silencer after cat rotting
and who knows with the rear bushes, allthough i couldnt see any that looked visibly shot.

just praying the tester will be gentle kind to the old girl.

a few cold beers and sit down to dinner with top gear on later and all will be well (apart from my aching limbs and grazed knuckles:( )

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
envious i am. thats half of the stuff i need doing too. so next weekend ok to drop mine off:lol:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think the neighbours could take another bout of the language that was coming out of the garage neilied :lol:

I'm glad those wishbones are done and out of the way and the front end is a now a zillion percent tighter but oddly the result wasnt the most satifying of the jobs....... fixing the door was :cheese:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts