1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Part 1 here:
Part 2 here:
Part 3 here:

As Tradition dictates, i always post up a diary of any major work on te 145. This weekend was time for an oil change (the 2nd in my ownership) and continuing the tradition of the previous owners 4000 mile oil changes (though this one timed at approx 4700 miles).

First of all i used my brilliant ramps to jack the car up and give me some clearence:

Then i drained the oil (Exciting?):

I was a little concerned to see this oil leak at the front of the engine. It wasn't obvious where it was leaking from but it started not too long after the clutch was replaced, therefore i will be getting the garage to take a look at it:

While the oil was draining i took the old battery out, it was still good but the quality and condition left me a little paranoid about its remaining life, only the best for my cars:

Out with the old:

In with the new:

Finally, the oil was filled with the best that was recomended to me by the previous owner:

That concluded the work on the alfa, but the day wasn't over yet. I had to service my mums car aswell:

Now, for bonus points, Name that car.

Still waiting to replace the radiator but i can't spend any major money untill the insurance has fixed the rear bumper.

G

·
Is it a Suzuki Jimny?

Guessing it is one of the little 4x4's and not a swift as the engine looks longitudinally mounted.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it a Suzuki Jimny?

Guessing it is one of the little 4x4's and not a swift as the engine looks longitudinally mounted.
First answer is a winner!

Easiest car ever to service. an hour to do the oil, filter, air filter and 4 plugs!

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Nice job, how do you keep your engine cover so clean? Mines a right mess :(

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice job, how do you keep your engine cover so clean? Mines a right mess :(
by not photo'ing the dirty bit :p Trust me, it is a mess but i usually clean it with tightly scrunched up tissues and "multi surface cleaner"

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Heh, mines same, some bits are easy but the slats are a pain in the arse :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts