Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The origional work began here:

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/just...6892-a-weekend-of-work-on-the-cloverleaf.html

Now, today (21/10/07) was a fun day, i had only a few hours to work on the car and so much i wanted to do. The main job of the day was to fix the heavily juddering wipers!

So life began under the bonnet:

I set to work removing the scuttle and wiper arms. I have done this before on a mk2 punto and it was a nightmare to do, i was shocked how easy this was on the 145.

With the scuttle off, i was once again surprised. this time with how hefty the linkage is. no worries about breakages here then.

I was about to set to work on removing the linkage when i noticed this large plastic box:

I pulled it out, and to my amazement i found the interior heater fan!!!

This was brilliant as it allowed me to remove those bl***** leaves without taking out the dashboard!!!

After that, i removed the wiper linkage:

and then i removed the motor from all this, ready for repair:

I removed the plasic cover over what i assumed was the gearbox and was shocked to see.......

Lots and lots of earwax over the wiper park sensor.

I can only assume that this should not be like this at all and that the grease had migrated from the worm gear.

So now it is all clean:

After that, i reasembled it all and tested it...

WOOOHOOOO!!!! It works, my wipers actually go up, then down again without any hesitation or judders at all!!!!

This is the first time i have set up to do a job, not lost a single tool and been able to do everything with no blood shed or stress.

Needless to say, i am a happy bunny :)

Now, this week she gets sent to the garage to get the clutch and cv joint replaced. I have also discovered that my rear wheel bearing has gone so that needs replacing too :(

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man.

Only 19 views and 1 reply? no love for the 'leaf?

·
Registered
Alfa 145, Spider, Chrysler Delta
7,120 Posts
thanks man.

Only 19 views and 1 reply? no love for the 'leaf?
read all about it on 145.com :lol: :tut:

must get round to doing my wipers, they are crap, those pics have inspired me to skin my knuckles tomorrow

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmm,

has anyone done the wiper judder fix before? Used them again on a very cold morning and they are back to normal. i put them on full for about 2 mins and that improved them slightly but still not great.

Is it possible that the grease was pulled straight back onto the gear?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts