Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
23,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Work has been a bit hectic for us both recently but Liz and I have finally got a week off together.

We are off to Paris for three days begining Tuesday. We love Paris and have been there about 5 times before. We are staying in the Latin Quarter - feel comfortable there.

We have been to various galleries, visited the catacombs and even done a tour of the sewers (really).

Any suggetions of places to visit?

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
i was wondering why you were up so late...

paris. love the place. lived there for a few months many moons ago. latin quarter - my favourite place to stay. i'm not big on all the top tourist attractions, i'm sure you can make your own mind up on those anyway (although as an atheist, i find the sacre couer strangely haunting, especially early on a sunday morning)

slightly off the beaten track, chinatown is always worth a visit - can't for the life of me remember the best metro stop but it's in the south east of central paris, around place d'italie somewhere. not a particularly nice part of town by any means but worth a look. le gout d'or (the drop of gold) is also worth a visit if you fancy a bit of north african culture & dining - kind of all round the back roads near pigalle. if you fancy a day round a flea market try clignancourt market (porte de clignancourt on the metro) - but probably depends what day of the week you're there. i would also invest some quality time in sharing a bottle of wine (or two) with liz on a quiet park bench anywhere in the city - they do it with so much more aplomb than us brits...

EDIT: trying to rememebr the name of the road but can't - it runs from near the pantheon, south eastwards - very left field, studenty area but refreshingly cheap compared to much of paris.

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,380 Posts
Al seems to have it covered there. I cant suggest any places as the last time i was in Paris i was 11 and we stumbled upon it by accident while trying to avoid it en route to Toulouse.

im sure you will have a good few days away anyway

1 - 5 of 5 Posts