Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:wave: Some of you are aware that in the Spring I started running. I'm now running about 10 miles a week, up to a maximum of 5 miles a day :D I'm pretty proud of myself because before March I hadn't run for over 30 years :eek:

I have entered the Bupa Great Winter 5k (3.1 mile) race in January and intend to move up to the 10k distance for the next race (The Bupa Great Edinburgh Run) in May. Both races are in Edinburgh.

My reason for posting this thread is not to blow my own trumpet. Far from it. I am running to raise money for Alzheimer's Scotland and have a JustGiving page that you might like to visit. I realise that those of you in countries other than Scotland might feel that this won't help Alzheimer's sufferers in your country, but the truth is any money raised will help fund research into dementia - which will benefit everyone :)

Thanks for reading this :)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just fixed the JustGiving link - apparently I was trying to link it to a race that finished in January 2010 :derr: :lol: It might take 24 hours for the new page to activate though :)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A quick but heartfelt thank you to everyone who has already donated. I'd only set myself a target of £100 and, thanks to these people, I'm already almost half way to that. AO is a special place. Cheers.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unashamedly bumping this. I have online donations of £87 already, which is brilliant. Thank you to everyone here who has helped. Every pound helps so if that's all you can spare just donate that :D

Thank you :)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another bump, but this time to say thank you. I have cracked the £100 mark for donations, which is just fantastic. I've raised the threshold, just in case anyone else would like to donate. All money goes directly to the Alzheimer's charity via my JustGiving page (just click on the link in my signature)

Thanks everyone :D

P.S. I also meant to mention that if I do well in this and with the fund raising I'm hoping to get a place in the Edinburgh 10k later on in the year ;)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another shameless bump because *trumpets* Mr PG has decided to run with me on this! He is busy training up (because he hasn't run since schooldays) and he's doing well :thumbs: I don't know if he'll manage to run the full 5k but it'll be great having him running along side me (until I sprint off :lol: )

I've raised £124 odd so far (+gift aid) and even a fiver will help me to get to my £200 target :)

I'm off now to do a mile sprint for a challenge, dodging the showers and the puddles :lol: should be interesting!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a last update before I lock this thread. I have, so far, had £160 donated to Alzheimer Scotland which is fantastic.

Sadly I am unable to run in the Great Winter Run on Saturday, despite being well prepared and able to run the distance easily. I have been quite ill over Christmas and I am now awaiting surgery. Nothing life-threatening, but those of you who are Facebook friends will know that I have wrestled with self-imposed guilt over pulling out of the run.

I will run at least 5k once I am recovered. I had already started training up to 10k and will easily cover this distance. I will leave the JustGiving page open until I have a new event in mind and transfer the funds raised already onto the new page.

Thank you yet again to everyone who has donated already.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.