Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bella spent the day at the dealership to refit the front bumper. I have had the same problem Ivo had, but on my occasion it was the front bumper which was not in the right place anymore (there was 1.5 cm between the bottom side of the headlight unit and the bumper). The dealership tried to fix it, but they even had to take my bella to their bodywork division to get the job done right.

They gave me a courtesy car which was a 156 SW JTD. What a great pleasure those JTD provide. Every time I drive one, I am so pleased with the way the JTD builts up its power (torque, torque, torque). My compliments Alfa Romeo.

Hans

BTW 1: I have never noticed it before but the steering wheel of the 156 is not exactly in front of the driver but more to the left of it. Personally I don't like that. Any 156 owners feel the same about that?

BTW 2: If you get in to an Alfa with standard speakers, the more you enjoy the Bose Sound System when you get your bella back

BTW 3: The 147 GTA has arrived in the showrooms

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
BTW 4: your next Alfa will be a diesel? wink

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Wimster:
<strong>BTW 4: your next Alfa will be a diesel? wink </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If it is up to me: No!

But that is only because I am so addicted to revving and the sound of the engine between 4000 and 6800 rpm

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
"I've been driven diesels for so long, I don't know what revving is like anymore :( (except from the GTA experience that is,then... :) )

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Wimster:
<strong>"I've been driven diesels for so long, I don't know what revving is like anymore :( (except from the GTA experience that is,then... :) )</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'll take you out with me in April Wim wink

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
Selespeed - which engine did you try - 1.9 or 2.4?? The steering wheel is a bit off centre, but you get used to it. After six years of 145s, I can get used to the seating position in anything!!

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RicksAlfas:
<strong>Selespeed - which engine did you try - 1.9 or 2.4?? The steering wheel is a bit off centre, but you get used to it. After six years of 145s, I can get used to the seating position in anything!!</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This time it was the 1.9 JTD 8v. I like the torque and how smooth all goes but IMHO it is a bit underpowered for a Sportwagon. The 1.9 JTD 16v is much better (test drove a 147 JTD 16v last January)

The last time I drove a 156 I didn't notice the steering wheel was off centre, maybe because I was enjoying the rest so much (it was a GTA)

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by selespeed:
<strong>The last time I drove a 156 I didn't notice the steering wheel was off centre, maybe because I was enjoying the rest so much (it was a GTA)</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I know what you mean wink

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hey Hans, was it the dark blue one? I had this one on tuesday, when my 147 was in for 20k service. Nice, But my 147 feels MUCH faster. Noticed that before, when test driving the 'new' 8v 156 and the 8v 147. The 147 just seems more eager. Strange, since the weight of the cars is about the same, and for sure it's the same engine. Anyone?

G.

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Gysman:
<strong>Hey Hans, was it the dark blue one? I had this one on tuesday, when my 147 was in for 20k service. Nice, But my 147 feels MUCH faster. Noticed that before, when test driving the 'new' 8v 156 and the 8v 147. The 147 just seems more eager. Strange, since the weight of the cars is about the same, and for sure it's the same engine. Anyone?

G.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Same car and same feeling.

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Gysman:
<strong>Hey Hans, was it the dark blue one? I had this one on tuesday, when my 147 was in for 20k service. Nice, But my 147 feels MUCH faster. Noticed that before, when test driving the 'new' 8v 156 and the 8v 147. The 147 just seems more eager. Strange, since the weight of the cars is about the same, and for sure it's the same engine. Anyone?

G.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Gys,

The car is smaller :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.