Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, whilst changing my oil (3pmish), I noticed I had a blowing exhaust manifold, so in my wisdom decided to attempt to lower the manifold down clean the heads and manifold flanges and repair with high temp silicone sealant (cheaper than gaskets and alot more reliable). Well when i pulled the manifold down the dam thing had snapped, panicking because tomorrow I'm off to Spa , Belgium for the European auto italia event. So I called Ahm and as per usual Adie said bring it in and welded it up , not only that he also took it upon himself to stop my gear lever rattling and replace a worn engine mount, well all I can say is THANK YOU you are a top geezer:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::)

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
I'm very very happy with Adie as well !!! Great guy, and he helped me out on many occasions.

He sent me 16 valve seals together with the pistons I got from him , because I couldnt get them in Cyprus.
Then he helped me out with clearance issues on the pistons and piston rods.
Then he included a map to get me started when I got the OMEX kit !
Always fast on reply, fast on delivery and great on support :thumbs:

Always a pleasure doing business with him :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Havent had a grat deal to do with Adie but the little dealings I had when he rebuilt my gearbox and bought some parts off him mean I fully support these comments. One of the Good guys:)

rsfruitbat

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well after a fairly long day yesterday I made it home at 5ish pm, car was superb with the only issue being an exhaust rubber around the center box kept coming off, the Parade session's Paul and I did were a bit all over the place, some really quick sections then a traffic jam straight after!. Eau Rouge was awesome both Paul and I managed to get up to 100mph (I reckon we could have got to it at 105-110mph) but backed off to 80mph as we approached this area (its f*****g steep) I'm sure with a few more sessions of the track I would be confident at hitting it at 90-95mph. I have some editing software being sent to me for the 19min video I took as most of it is being stuck behind a Que and Paul and I talking pap . Today would be interesting for Bobber and Andy's journey, I hope they have a smooth one. Anyway it was great to meet up with like minded fellas Lee, Than (who i hear you say ) Andy and the almighty Bobber. To summarize the whole weekend I would say it was EXTREME.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts