Alfa Romeo Forum banner

241 - 259 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
Wish me luck!!
No haircut since the 6th Feb. Now do I just go straight in with a No1 or go down in grades??
In your situation I went for a No4 at the first attempt, rather than my usual No2, the thinking being that if it turned out to be something of a mess there was enough left for an attempt at rectification!

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
The #1 Mrs K gave me right at the start is staying forever. The beard isn't. I could live with looking like a scruffy **** but the itching drove me mad.

I should probably have mentioned my wedding anniversary on Thursday but never mind.

·
Administrator
45,626 Posts
I'm finding the haircuts Mrs Bazza is giving me aren't lasting anywhere near as long as a 'real' one. The sides are becomeing unruly much more quickly. I think this must mean that when we say 'number 2 back and sides' they actually go shorter than that up your sideburns - which explains the weird graded blade covers which came with my hair clippers labelled 'left' and 'right'. The question is whether we dare use them...

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I haven't picked up the nerve to do mine yet. I know I can always wear a hat if its a bit of a disaster.

Maybe tomorrow evening after a few beers to steady my hand!! :unsure::D:D:D

·
Administrator
45,626 Posts
If you're going the same length all over, there's really no risk at all, as long as you ensure the clipper guards are in place properly.

I used to do mine as no 2 all over for a good few years, and it's easy as pie. Just got my wife to tidy up the hairline at the back.

Reactions: jparkin486

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Hair is now cut!!! Hoo f'in' ray! A no2 all over. A No1 coming soon now I have the technique.
A few stray long locks around the ears but scissors got those.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Watched this fella from the kitchen window while doing the washing up... a young deer just across the road from the house. We seem to be getting more wildlife outside and can constantly hear birds in the garden.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
Deliveries of pasties and beer expected today.

Reactions: lussoman

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Another addition to the Chez Nelly menagerie... this little fella popped out from under the GTV and wandered off when I was working on the Spider earlier. Obviously hedgehogs aren’t offended by profanity as it was another one of those jobs on the car that resulted in the neighbours kids learning some new words...

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #256
About a week ago, a neighbour's cat went missing. It's often to be seen in various gardens on the prowl but nobody has seen sight nor sound. It has a habit of climbing into cars and vans so it wasn't hard to see what might have happened.

This morning my son opened the back of his van to get something out and was met by a strong smell of cat wee and a thinner but otherwise healthy looking moggy. He only got the van just before lockdown and is an apprentice so his tools still haven't been moved from his mate's van so he hasn't needed to go in it. He thinks the cat got in last Friday when him and his sister did the weekly shop.

Said cat has been travelling back and forth to Failsworth all week.

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
So my cheerful thing is not as uplifting as the above stories.

I've been unhappy with my home hifi/home theater audio for ages. Lock down means I'm watching/listening more.
I love sound/nuances. I seem to be blessed with good ears. I wanted to be a sound engineer or something when I left school.

My audio was muted/muffled. My B&W speakers should be fine cos they cost a pretty penny. I upgraded to a Denon amplifier which was even more pretty pennies. I cleaned terminals, upgraded cables. Today I resorted to tweaking parameters in my amp to lift the vocals/trebles but still poo. Exasperated and confounded I collapsed forward and rested my weary head in my hands. OMG the sound was suddenly amazing!

My speaker stands are too short. Basically the tweeter is firing into my nipples and the big gun into my belly. Rather than listen in this peculiar bent over position I've ordered some taller speaker stands. It's a small room - I'm barely socially distancing myself from my hifi.

No cute hedgehog here, just a happy bunny.

Ah - my "local fox" is in the garden looking at me. I've been a softy and feeding it. A cute thing with bushy tail and fluffy ears. And a tiny version of it following it around. The little fox hasn't leaned the art of stealth yet and makes a right racket crashing into things.

I'm feeling at one with the Universe tonight 🍻

241 - 259 of 259 Posts