Alfa Romeo Forum banner

221 - 240 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I've gone early on the virtual after work pub trip tonight. Had enough of Teams meetings for the week.

A cheeky little ginger beer (stop it.....!!! Titter ye not 🙂) before a real beer.
DSC_0337.JPG

·
Registered
14,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
Teams is my life at the moment, with a bit of SharePoint thrown in.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Spent all morning on Teams but on a more cheerful note
  • It's bin day tomorrow so I've been out to the end of the drive this evening
  • Tomorrow I'm off to the shops for food. It'll be a roof off mini trip.
  • Got a bit sunburnt working in the garden today.
  • Rebuilt the cooker hood I took apart to clean (just waiting for new charcoal filters)
  • Cooked a stir fry in the garden on my portable gas bbq.
Sadly just about to cancel my fishing holiday to France at the start of July :(

·
Administrator
45,547 Posts
Just two more work days to last, and I'll have two weeks I can try to spend not thinking about work at all.

Also, go and google "wizard of Oz", then click the ruby slippers, then click the tornado.

·
Administrator
45,547 Posts
There's a few Google easter eggs of that type, but I only know a few.

Search 'askew' for instance.

·
Registered
34,490 Posts
Spent most of today packing a secondhand bike frame I’d put on eBay and organising the postage of a 4kg , 120x60x25 box with insurance £22. And then the printer wouldn’t link on Bluetooth plus it was out of ink. 2nd neighbour I tried printed it for me and I just got it to post office before 5. Nonstop fun from accepting offer to posting it seven hours later!

·
Administrator
45,547 Posts
Printers truly are the devil's peripheral. There is nothing else in the world of computing so prone to going wrong.

·
Registered
195 Posts
When printers do work you get lots of pretty toilet paper, albeit somewhat "Izal". And no perforated tear-strips like the old days. One sheet at a time:( Double sided too:(

·
Registered
14,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
Youngest child's 18th today. He's done his first legal booze buy. There has been tequila (which is still vile), soon there will be curry.

·
Registered
14,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
My delivery of pasties from my local Baker arrived earlier. Cheesypeno pasty for dinner.

·
Registered
14,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
Had my first zoom virtual pub session tonight. I have a few former colleagues that I meet for a drink every 3 months or so. Usually we go somewhere on the train and have a few jars. Our last meeting was in Buxton at the end of Feb. Buxton had one of the first cases of covid-19, there was snow on the ground, and we missed our train home.

No such worries tonight as we connected from Bolton, Macclesfield, Glasgow and Chorlton. I thought it would be hard work but the usual ****-taking soon got going. We were supposed to be together in Altrincham today but as a substitute, zoom was ok.

·
Registered
34,490 Posts
Got 35% residuals on my son’s cycling shoes on eBay. Luckily I got them for £100 instead of the list price of £145.

·
Registered
14,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #239
My new beer fridge arrived yesterday.

·
Registered
26,133 Posts
I'll be trading in my Spider in about a week (once the oil cooler has been replaced) and I will be getting back the full amount I paid for it 5 years and 75.000 km ago!

221 - 240 of 243 Posts