Alfa Romeo Forum banner

181 - 200 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
14,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
Two deliveries of beer today.

8 x Titanic plum Porter and a mixed case from Black Sheep.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
My old woodwork master back at Grammar School in the early '60s maintained that provided you held the tools correctly it was impossible to cut yourself on them.

Mind you he still had to bandage people up but then insisted they hold the offending weapontool correctly and show him how they cut themselves. The contortions involved were highly amusing to the rest of us.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
I cycled a bit further into the Forest of Bowland Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty today, a bit beyond the village of Chipping, for a 35 mile round-trip with 622 metre elevation gain. As an old gym rat riding an ancient and heavy MTB with nobbly tyres I'm happy with that!
Forest of Bowland.jpg

That's 29 cycle rides since 'lockdown', and all in the gorgeous local countryside under sunny blue skies. I can't recall ever having a spring this good before. Though I've heard there's rain forecast for later next week, so that'll wipe the smile off my face...

·
Registered
34,490 Posts
Not rain! I just took the mudguards off my “winter bike”. Sounds like you're doing some good cycling. I’ve covered 1000 virtual KMs in the last month or so and some in the real world too.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
''Virtual''? Does that mean you had a dream about doing it?

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Ah I see; that sounds very motivational. (y)
I have a bog standard set-up in the conservatory, but I rarely do inside cardio (since my gym closed). But it's there if there's prolonged heavy rain and I can't escape! Showers I can just about tolerate.
Getting into the great outdoors as much as I can has become 'my thing' in the last month or so with the stunning weather - it's so very different to my normal life, and I have to say I'm loving it!

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,760 Posts
My bum has become accustomed to the luxuries in life.
Now there’s a statement waiting for a saucy Carry On joke :)

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Walked around a nearby village today. A man and woman were sitting with beers outsied the pub in the sun, looking over the village green. I did a double take - but a nearby chalkboard said: "This pub is not open. We're just sitting outside drinking in our own garden."

·
Registered
11,470 Posts
Fantastic video here of a flypast by the frecce tricolori over a deserted Rome, to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of Italy's liberation from Nazi occupation.
Although it's sad to see Rome so empty of street life, and it makes me yearn more than ever to go back there, I find the video mainly uplifting for its beauty.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The crescent moon and Venus look stunning tonight!

I've watched the tricolori do their stuff years ago at, er, RAF Fairford. RIAT. Amazing control.

I think it was there I first saw the "missing man" maneuver. A collection of jets screams along, then one suddenly pulls up and ascends to heaven. Brought a tear to my eye.

Ok that's not cheerful in itself but was is is the fact human beings articulate emotion so well, even in a screaming 500mph big boys toy fighter jet.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Virtual after work beer with some colleagues. Shame the beer garden was wet!
The kitchen was open, looks like their special tonight is beef stew. That'll do for. me ?

·
Premium Member
77,377 Posts
rediscovering home brew from last year which I'd written off = turns out it is excellent

discovering online wine delivery

birdnerd app

·
Registered
14,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
I was hoping to post pictures of younger child looking daft after elder child attacked his barnet with the clippers. However, she made a pretty decent job of it so I can't.

181 - 200 of 243 Posts